Music Fiend

Rock, Country, Rap, Classical, Oldies, German Industrial. Anything you fancy sharing with us.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: Music Fiend

Post by Jmac Attack »

Listening to the $5.98 Garage Days EP from Metallica. I know its covers, but these guys were on fire during this time. I fucking love the production. It sounds like you are in the room with them. It has to be mostly live. I've never looked that up, but not sure I wanna know. I like thinking it's live.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jmac Attack wrote:Listening to the $5.98 Garage Days EP from Metallica. I know its covers, but these guys were on fire during this time. I fucking love the production. It sounds like you are in the room with them. It has to be mostly live. I've never looked that up, but not sure I wanna know. I like thinking it's live.
Both of their Garage albums were basically recorded live. They wanted to catch the spontaneity of it all.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

My favorite Van Halen song R.I.P. Eddie
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

How did I not hear about a new album from Blue Oyster Cult? Came out two weeks ago. Stand And Fight is pretty damn heavy for a BOC song.

Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

For the music nerds:

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

https://youtu.be/znT4K3yowGY

Had never come across this but really funny to hear how an Italian proved how popular English music was by making a song that sounded like American but is entirely nonsensical. Yet also catchy.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

I don't remember if I ever brought up Sykotik Sinfoney before, but they were a weird band from the 90's. The closest thing I can think of to compare them to is a mix of Mr. Bungle and The Beastie Boys, if that makes sense. Of note, the nun/guitarist went on to play with David Lee Roth. They swore they would break up if they got a record contract, so they recorded an album, immediately broke up, and the record was shelved. They only released that one album, fifteen years after it was recorded. I found them via the film Bad Channels awhile back. This is their scene from the film, but the song is edited a bit, so check below for the full song.

If you found that interesting enough, here's their only album:

And here's a live show, so you can see them being weirdos on stage(the first eight minutes are a video they showed at the start of their set):

Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

They actually do a shitload of parodies, so if that's your thing, check them out.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

If I ever want to get in a better mood, I just have to listen to this album. The first few notes are enough to put a smile on my face. The whole album is fucking beautiful.

Playlist for the full album can be found here.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

guilty pleasure admit: i think i kind of really like taylor swift's two most recent albums. (folklore and evermore)
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

For me no song has aged better than this. One of the most beautiful tunes I've ever heard
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Not my usual fare, but this was pretty good.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Not one of their hit songs, but a favorite of mine.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i've been on a kick, lately, of listening to complete albums rather than just picking and choosing songs. today it's pet sounds, spanking machine, hounds of love, vespertine, and scary monsters.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Listening to Jim Croce's greatest hits album, Photographs & Memories. I got this album for my 18th birthday. Damn good stuff.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Monster wrote:Listening to Jim Croce's greatest hits album, Photographs & Memories. I got this album for my 18th birthday. Damn good stuff.
First real exposure to Croce?

This was a pretty prominent piece of music in my household growing up. My Dad played it pretty often and it was one of the many albums and songs he would play that I loved.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jason wrote:
Monster wrote:Listening to Jim Croce's greatest hits album, Photographs & Memories. I got this album for my 18th birthday. Damn good stuff.
First real exposure to Croce?

This was a pretty prominent piece of music in my household growing up. My Dad played it pretty often and it was one of the many albums and songs he would play that I loved.
Oh no. I grew up on him. Sounds like my Dad had the same taste as yours. I got a Name is possibly the greatest song ever written.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Came across this band in one of my most recent 80's music searches and had to share.

Reign, you better listen to this shit and If War Of Love or Endangered Species doesn't get you to finish until completion then something is wrong. :P

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Dig it! It's got my pelvis a rocking.