The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: THE VVITCH

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jason wrote:Holy fucking shit, that ending. *claps*
She did have a cute ass.
Movie and ass each gets a 3.5/5.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: The October Challenge Discussion Thread: 2017

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Did I click the wrong Society? I was expecting some fucked up weird shit, which none of it happened yet.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Pretty decent movie. Solid critique on Christian fundamentalism. Somewhere like just above average for me, between a 7.5 and an 8.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:Pretty decent movie. Solid critique on Christian fundamentalism. Somewhere like just above average for me, between a 7.5 and an 8.
I saw zero religious critique at all. lol. If anything this movie gives them reason to be. :p
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:Pretty decent movie. Solid critique on Christian fundamentalism. Somewhere like just above average for me, between a 7.5 and an 8.
I saw zero religious critique at all. lol. If anything this movie gives them reason to be. :p
Almost the whole family was batshit insane purely because of their religious beliefs. :P Throw in isolation, and it's no wonder the daughter decided that the Christian faith was crap. I applaud her decision at the end, and it's her family's idiotic and dangerous beliefs that directly drew her to that.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Almost the whole family was batshit insane purely because of their religious beliefs. :P Throw in isolation, and it's no wonder the daughter decided that the Christian faith was crap. I applaud her decision at the end, and it's her family's idiotic and dangerous beliefs that directly drew her to that.
Spoiler
Ohhhhhhhh, I see. You think the fact she turned witch in the end is the religious equivalent of sticking-it-to-the-man.

Ok. :p
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Spoiler
Ohhhhhhhh, I see. You think the fact she turned witch in the end is the religious equivalent of sticking-it-to-the-man.

Ok. :p
I'm just saying her family was terrible, and she made the choice she made purely due to her family's extremism.
Jason
Administrator

THE VVITCH

Post by Jason »

Spoiler
You hate overtly religious people because you don't believe in religion. This horror movie painted witchery and shit of the like to be true, thus giving the family every reason in the world to be religious. Then you're happy when she joins the fucking devil... because her family is so religious?

Stop being weird!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Eh, it got slimy but if I know Reign, he probably would find it on the tamer side.

Seemed like they lit everything red to avoid an x rating so you couldn't technically see blood. Odd.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Now starting Witchcraft.

OOOOOH! Troma!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:
Spoiler
You hate overtly religious people because you don't believe in religion. This horror movie painted witchery and shit of the like to be true, thus giving the family every reason in the world to be religious. Then you're happy when she joins the fucking devil... because her family is so religious?

Stop being weird!
I see it as a condemnation on religion, especially Christianity, but you can interpret it your way. I won't object. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Should have been asleep at 8:45. It's now 10:11.

I have tomorrow off work, so I'm trying to get eight movies in. Got too distracted to finish the mandatory four movies today in a timely manner. I can already sense I'll be tired on the morrow.

This truly is the month of suffering.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote:
Jason wrote:
Spoiler

Stop being weird!
I see it as a condemnation on religion, especially Christianity, but you can interpret it your way. I won't object. :P
Jason
Administrator

THE FUNHOUSE

Post by Jason »

Went with a Hooper flick, after all. Might go with Trick 'r Treat, Trilogy of Terror, or Triloquist next.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

So far this has been a boring fucking Rosemary's Baby knock off. Except the baby is already born in the beginning.
Jason
Administrator

THE FUNHOUSE

Post by Jason »

Been about 8 years since I last saw this movie. Are we sure the girl showering in the beginning is over 18?
zombie
Administrator

Re: THE FUNHOUSE

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Been about 8 years since I last saw this movie. Are we sure the girl showering in the beginning is over 18?
if imdb can be believed, she was about 19 at the time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

They made 9 or more sequels off of this chunk of crap? Gawd. I was only interested because of the amount of sequels.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Witchcraft with Linda Blair was p. good, though.
Jason
Administrator

Re: THE FUNHOUSE

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote:
Jason wrote:Been about 8 years since I last saw this movie. Are we sure the girl showering in the beginning is over 18?
if imdb can be believed, she was about 19 at the time.
Still feel pervy for lookin. :p