It (2017)

News and thoughts on new movies.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: It (2017)

Post by Jigsaw »

As it is, I'm going to see It tonight in about four hours. Hope the experience goes well, and not just the movie. I don't much care for most movie crowds.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

How was Stellan jr?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

showa58taro wrote:How was Stellan jr?
You mean the guy playing Pennywise? He was mostly meh. Nowhere near as good as Curry.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I think I liked it. I'll need to see it again to be sure. The wrong company can ruin a movie. My 26 year old nephew has the attention span of a 4 year old. constantly getting up or fidgeting or looking at his fucking cell phone or asking what happened while he was busy with his phone. Really made it hard to get sucked into the movie. That said, I was very impressed with Pennywise. Had a good creepy vibe.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Monster wrote:I think I liked it. I'll need to see it again to be sure. The wrong company can ruin a movie. My 26 year old nephew has the attention span of a 4 year old. constantly getting up or fidgeting or looking at his fucking cell phone or asking what happened while he was busy with his phone. Really made it hard to get sucked into the movie. That said, I was very impressed with Pennywise. Had a good creepy vibe.
With someone like that, I can only imagine it's hard to get into a movie. Maybe I take it too seriously - I don't move, don't eat, and certainly never get up when at the theater. Going to the theater shortly myself to see It, so hopefully I can get more immersed than you may have been.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Jigsaw wrote:
Monster wrote:I think I liked it. I'll need to see it again to be sure. The wrong company can ruin a movie. My 26 year old nephew has the attention span of a 4 year old. constantly getting up or fidgeting or looking at his fucking cell phone or asking what happened while he was busy with his phone. Really made it hard to get sucked into the movie. That said, I was very impressed with Pennywise. Had a good creepy vibe.
With someone like that, I can only imagine it's hard to get into a movie. Maybe I take it too seriously - I don't move, don't eat, and certainly never get up when at the theater. Going to the theater shortly myself to see It, so hopefully I can get more immersed than you may have been.
I may get a Coke, but otherwise I play statue and just watch. Which is what I plan to do next time I see it. Alone! Hope you like it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:Just got back from watching IT and it was ok. It didn't let up on the horror side of things, which was great. It was two hours of mostly non-stop Pennywise fucking with the kids. That said, there was tons of jump scares which I don't approve of, and they took the "float" thing too far. First, they cut it out of the Georgie bit, which is fucking ridiculous, but then they used it constantly after that to the point where I was getting annoyed. The film is all the kids' side of the story, but at the end it says "Chapter One", so I guess they plan on making a sequel with the adult shit. Dunno how I feel about that to be honest. Could be good, could be shit.

Also, no gang bang.
This is definitely way better than your review of the Dark Tower, so I'm still pretty stoked.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign in Blood wrote:This is definitely way better than your review of the Dark Tower, so I'm still pretty stoked.

The Dark Tower was a fucking mess. This at least, has some redeeming factors.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Was your theater pretty empty? I ask because I would have been all over your asses, him for being a fuckstick and you for explaining shit. I had a friend like that in high school. Went to the movies with him maybe twice. He suddenly wondered why we talk about going to the movies and none in our group of friends invited him.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:This is definitely way better than your review of the Dark Tower, so I'm still pretty stoked.

The Dark Tower was a fucking mess. This at least, has some redeeming factors.
Good to hear. And I didn't expect the kid playing Pennywise to live up to Curry. What he's doing with his voice alone is gonna take some getting used to.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Probably work tomorrow. I put in a paid sick day for Monday, though. So I can watch the Broncos opener. Will likely go Sunday night.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Probably work tomorrow. I put in a paid sick day for Monday, though. So I can watch the Broncos opener. Will likely go Sunday night.
You started working again and already started pulling non-sick sick days? Are you stoned?
DAEBO
Charter Member

Post by DAEBO »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Also, no gang bang.
I'm out! :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:Probably work tomorrow. I put in a paid sick day for Monday, though. So I can watch the Broncos opener. Will likely go Sunday night.
You started working again and already started pulling non-sick sick days? Are you stoned?
They don't ask, I don't tell. When I got hired the guy told me I only get 3 paid sick days per year, at 24 hours total, and they don't carry over into the next year, "so you might as well use them up." I got one more between now and February.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

It, while it had some rather big flaws, was by-and-large a pretty decent film. I really think it needed another hour/hour and a half to pad a bit of the story, give it a bit more depth, but it was still enjoyable.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I really want to like it. But I won't let my desire to enjoy it fool myself. If it's great, it's great. If it's JaySherman.jpg, it's JaySherman.jpg.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jigsaw wrote:It, while it had some rather big flaws, was by-and-large a pretty decent film. I really think it needed another hour/hour and a half to pad a bit of the story, give it a bit more depth, but it was still enjoyable.
From you this is high praise lol

The fact that we have 45 more minutes with the kids than we got in the miniseries already has me happy. There's no way you were going to get a 4 hour movie with'em though. Though one can dream :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:It, while it had some rather big flaws, was by-and-large a pretty decent film. I really think it needed another hour/hour and a half to pad a bit of the story, give it a bit more depth, but it was still enjoyable.
From you this is high praise lol

The fact that we have 45 more minutes with the kids than we got in the miniseries already has me happy. There's no way you were going to get a 4 hour movie with'em though. Though one can dream :P

SPOILERS:

Sure, but even with the additional time, we still don't get much Ben, Stan, or Mike, and to me, that absence was certainly notable.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Not much Ben? Hmmmm, he's my favorite of the kids. I'm about to leave with friends soon and I'm seeing the 10pm show. Excited, but that definitely dampened it.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Not much Ben? Hmmmm, he's my favorite of the kids. I'm about to leave with friends soon and I'm seeing the 10pm show. Excited, but that definitely dampened it.
Maybe it's purely my perspective - don't let my outlook dampen your spirits before seeing it.