Re: Most Recent Purchase

Post by Monster »

The Beyond
Star Trek TNG seasons 4-6
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Bought 1) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) and 2) Zombieland today - both basic films, but I didn't own them yet, and thusly, now I do.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

What made you get the remake for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 03? You don't sound thrilled about it by calling it "basic" lol
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:What made you get the remake for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 03? You don't sound thrilled about it by calling it "basic" lol
He probably got it for 65 cents from some hussy online.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:What made you get the remake for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 03? You don't sound thrilled about it by calling it "basic" lol
If that includes the stamp then okay.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
If that includes the stamp then okay.
Nah, he probably then dropped a c-note for shipping, cuz Jig.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Oh, by "basic," I didn't mean mediocre - I just meant that the movies were common. Something like Confessions of a Psycho Cat (1968) or Ghostkeeper (1981) would be pretty interesting to buy, but movies that half the horror fandom has, to me, are sort of basic. Not an evaluation of the movie (I happen to like the 2003 TCM remake), but just referring to common I perceive it to be within the horror community.

Sorry if that didn't make sense or read well - I took some sleeping pills about an hour ago, and I believe they're starting to kick in.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:This poster:

Poster arrived pretty wrinkled. Seller immediately got it to USPS. Spent four fucking days there, finally shipped yesterday and arrived today.
Poster came in one of those cardboard, cylinder mailing things. It was split opened and you could actually see the poster rolled up in there and wrinkled a little. Also slightly bent. Best way I can describe it is being halfway bent to making a "7" shape. It is barely, barely acceptable. There are no tears that are visible, just wrinkles across the poster where the roll was bent. I keep imagining some retard stepping on it at one of the post offices. Seller even put a sticker on it that said "FRAGILE! DO NOT BEND". And it was bent. Phenomenal poster, barely acceptable condition. Very disappointed. Whoever bent this must be slapped at least twice to satisfy my frustration with them.
Jason wrote:
Dream wrote:
Jason wrote:If I change my mind about it being barely acceptable, how would I go about getting USPS to pay for this shit? :p

Priority mail includes $50 or $100 of insurance, I think, if it was sent pretty much any other way without additional insurance, they won't pay for it.

Your best bet is requesting a replacement through the company you bought it from. Or laying a slightly damp towel (spritz with water bottle, don't wet and wring out the water) over the poster, with the printed side down, and running an iron on the lowest heat setting over the towel to smooth the wrinkles and repeat until smooth.
I would rather buy it again than have the company replace it because of the post office screw up. It was packaged in a cardboard cylinder shape package and it was obviously a poster. The company even put a DO NOT BEND warning sticker on the label and some retard bent it, anyway.

I already hung it up. You can really only see the wrinkles if you stand at a specific angle and the light reflects off of it. I'm just gonna live with it. The damp towel thing sounds like a neat trick, though.
For those that have followed along with the debacle, I ended up putting the poster up. You can't notice the wrinkles unless you're standing in the right spot where the light reflects off of it. I tried the damp towel/iron trick that dream talked about, didn't work at all. :p I just bit the bullet and put it up. Left the seller 5-star feedback a few days ago:
"Excellent poster. Someone at USPS stepped on it, though. It came in a heavy duty cylinder mailing tube. So clearly a poster, but some dingus stepped on it or something. USPS rang my doorbell and left it on the porch. It was bent halfway toward being a "7" shape, and was ripped open at the bend. Seller even posted a &"DO NOT BEND" sticker. Not the seller's fault, barely acceptable condition."

Mail came today and with no warning, the company replaced the poster. Instead of the cylinder mailing tube, it was in an even more heavy triangular shaped box that was retard-proof. Couldn't believe they did that. I made no request to have it replaced, but they did it for me anyway. I just contacted them to thank them.

"I bought this poster from you at the end of August. It arrived damaged because I believe someone stepped on it at the post office, but it was barely acceptable and a great quality poster. I did not request a replacement, but one was sent anyway and arrived this afternoon. That was a tremendous gesture. I am extremely grateful."

If anybody every buys a poster online, do it off of amazon from a seller named American Posters.

Buy American! :D
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

That's some damn good service there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I bought a commercial tortilla press and a super hot dog cart. My stuff is not so sexy.... :(
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

You know the post office peeps just handle everything as quickly as possible, then when they see special instructions like"Do not Bend", they immediately start using it like the crowbar in that Michael Jackson Black or White video.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:That's some damn good service there.
A true A+.
I deliberately avoided having the company replace it because it wasn't their fault and there was no reason they should lose the profit because of some screw up at the post office. Awesome gesture. Will now go out of my way to buy from them again if they have another poster I want. And they have a 27X40 NOES poster that I am now thinking about getting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:That's some damn good service there.
A true A+.
I deliberately avoided having the company replace it because it wasn't their fault and there was no reason they should lose the profit because of some screw up at the post office. Awesome gesture. Will now go out of my way to buy from them again if they have another poster I want. And they have a 27X40 NOES poster that I am now thinking about getting.
Nice.

I'm sure they probably insured the shipping and when they saw your review, they wanted to make good, and stuck the bill with USPS.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Hopefully they did. It was 100% USPS's doing.

This 2nd box they shipped is completely retard-proof. I could barely even get the thing open. No way in hell it was gonna bend this time. lol.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Bought Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990), Friday the 13th (2009). and Die Die Delta Pi (2013).

I've not seen Die Die Delta Pi - truth be told, I was surprised to see a movie like that at the place I work. I picked it up instantly. Will watch in October.

The other two are movies I've seen before, that I was going to buy eventually, so just bought them today.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Bought Trick 'r Treat (2007).

I'm on a roll.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

The Mummy (2017)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Like a true asshole I just spent 160 dollars at Wal Mart. :p

Bought a storage ottoman, a poster frame for the Near Dark poster and about 100 bucks worth of horror movie/tv shows. Figured fuck it. Gotta go on a spending binge once in a while to keep my sanity.

Movies/TV stuff
The Fog (1980) I already own it, but holy fuck the new case and cover it comes in is wicked bad ass. Had to own it. Gonna give the old one to a friend or something.
It Comes at Night. Seemed like it might be good, figured I'd give it a go.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).
The Witch (2015)
Graveyard Shift
Dracula (1931) The DVD slip cover has Dracula's face on it and it glows in the dark. WInning buy.
Get Out. Heard positive shit, finally bought it.
The Shallows. Blake Lively.
Night Gallery, the complete series. Particularly excited for this one. 3 seasons of pure horror tales, 98 total, and I know nothing about it. I'm not sure I ever knew it even existed. Since TV shows don't count for the horror challenge, I may watch this to satisfy my horror fix before October. Anybody seen this show?

EDIT: And upon looking over my receipt, it appears I wasn't charged for Dracula or Graveyard Shift. :D That's about 15 bucks saved.
There was an issue when she was scanning the DVDs and it stopped her from scanning because it needed I.D. approval since you needed to be over 17 to buy some of these movies. She must've scanned Dracula and Graveyard Shift before realizing I needed to be I.D.'d.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote:EDIT: And upon looking over my receipt, it appears I wasn't charged for Dracula or Graveyard Shift. :D That's about 15 bucks saved.
There was an issue when she was scanning the DVDs and it stopped her from scanning because it needed I.D. approval since you needed to be over 17 to buy some of these movies. She must've scanned Dracula and Graveyard Shift before realizing I needed to be I.D.'d.
Funny you mention that. That happened to me too on Sunday. Bought three movies, only charged for two because they checked my ID before I apparently scanned the third one. I didn't find out until I got home.

That said, the next day, I let someone know, and paid it then, since you know, I work in that store. :p
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jason wrote:This poster:

Poster arrived pretty wrinkled. Seller immediately got it to USPS. Spent four fucking days there, finally shipped yesterday and arrived today.
Poster came in one of those cardboard, cylinder mailing things. It was split opened and you could actually see the poster rolled up in there and wrinkled a little. Also slightly bent. Best way I can describe it is being halfway bent to making a "7" shape. It is barely, barely acceptable. There are no tears that are visible, just wrinkles across the poster where the roll was bent. I keep imagining some retard stepping on it at one of the post offices. Seller even put a sticker on it that said "FRAGILE! DO NOT BEND". And it was bent. Phenomenal poster, barely acceptable condition. Very disappointed. Whoever bent this must be slapped at least twice to satisfy my frustration with them.
Jason wrote:
Dream wrote:
Jason wrote:If I change my mind about it being barely acceptable, how would I go about getting USPS to pay for this shit? :p

Priority mail includes $50 or $100 of insurance, I think, if it was sent pretty much any other way without additional insurance, they won't pay for it.

Your best bet is requesting a replacement through the company you bought it from. Or laying a slightly damp towel (spritz with water bottle, don't wet and wring out the water) over the poster, with the printed side down, and running an iron on the lowest heat setting over the towel to smooth the wrinkles and repeat until smooth.
I would rather buy it again than have the company replace it because of the post office screw up. It was packaged in a cardboard cylinder shape package and it was obviously a poster. The company even put a DO NOT BEND warning sticker on the label and some retard bent it, anyway.

I already hung it up. You can really only see the wrinkles if you stand at a specific angle and the light reflects off of it. I'm just gonna live with it. The damp towel thing sounds like a neat trick, though.
For those that have followed along with the debacle, I ended up putting the poster up. You can't notice the wrinkles unless you're standing in the right spot where the light reflects off of it. I tried the damp towel/iron trick that dream talked about, didn't work at all. :p I just bit the bullet and put it up. Left the seller 5-star feedback a few days ago:
"Excellent poster. Someone at USPS stepped on it, though. It came in a heavy duty cylinder mailing tube. So clearly a poster, but some dingus stepped on it or something. USPS rang my doorbell and left it on the porch. It was bent halfway toward being a "7" shape, and was ripped open at the bend. Seller even posted a &"DO NOT BEND" sticker. Not the seller's fault, barely acceptable condition."

Mail came today and with no warning, the company replaced the poster. Instead of the cylinder mailing tube, it was in an even more heavy triangular shaped box that was retard-proof. Couldn't believe they did that. I made no request to have it replaced, but they did it for me anyway. I just contacted them to thank them.

"I bought this poster from you at the end of August. It arrived damaged because I believe someone stepped on it at the post office, but it was barely acceptable and a great quality poster. I did not request a replacement, but one was sent anyway and arrived this afternoon. That was a tremendous gesture. I am extremely grateful."

If anybody every buys a poster online, do it off of amazon from a seller named American Posters.

Buy American! :D
They responded to my 'thank you' e-mail.

"Hi Robert,
Thank you for letting us know you received your replacement. I am happy to have done that. You left us great feedback, and you deserve a perfect product.
Have a great day!
-Robert

His name is also Robert. :p