October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Havok
Charter Member

Re: October Challenge 2020 Discussion Thread

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I am already hating Dark Moon Rising with a passion. It's got the most annoying opening credits music I've ever heard...
Oh God, that movie is terrible. Wait, I thought you've seen that one before?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Havok wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I am already hating Dark Moon Rising with a passion. It's got the most annoying opening credits music I've ever heard...
Oh God, that movie is terrible. Wait, I thought you've seen that one before?
Couldn't see it on my lists on here. And it doesn't look familiar, and I'd know I'd remember a drunk Eric Roberts...

but yeah...this is probably the worst Eric Roberts movie I've ever seen...
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

There's actually two werewolf movies called Dark Moon Rising. The other is from 2009...and maybe that's the one I might've seen before?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:There's actually two werewolf movies called Dark Moon Rising. The other is from 2009...and maybe that's the one I might've seen before?
Nope, that one's not familiar either, and it has Sid Haig in it, looks better than the chunk of shit with the world's most annoying soundtrack (seriously, some of these songs are as if Nickleback went Emo).

Glanced over at Werewolf Rising, and THAT one looks familiar, so maybe that's the culprit :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:There's actually two werewolf movies called Dark Moon Rising. The other is from 2009...and maybe that's the one I might've seen before?
Nope, that one's not familiar either, and it has Sid Haig in it, looks better than the chunk of shit with the world's most annoying soundtrack (seriously, some of these songs are as if Nickleback went Emo).

Glanced over at Werewolf Rising, and THAT one looks familiar, so maybe that's the culprit :P
The one I recall was about the emo kids at the fun park. Werewolf gang starts attacking them for some reason and the final battle takes place in a low end warehouse.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:

The one I recall was about the emo kids at the fun park. Werewolf gang starts attacking them for some reason and the final battle takes place in a low end warehouse.
That's this one...

...and this warehouse fight is actually looking familiar, so I must've watched it when it was new, before this version of the site. I'm remembering how ridiculous this afro-wolverine looked with a metal arm...

...it really must've been so back I managed to block most of it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jmac Attack wrote:Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat
Good time is afoot
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jmac Attack wrote:Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat
Good time is afoot
Fun so far. I loved Microwave Massacre. Lol
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Havok wrote:

That's this one...

...and this warehouse fight is actually looking familiar, so I must've watched it when it was new, before this version of the site. I'm remembering how ridiculous this afro-wolverine looked with a metal arm...

I ranted on it back when I watched it and it's hard to forget, especially the ending with the giant werewolf deciding it's a good idea to go back to human form to try and kill the two people he's fighting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:
Havok wrote:

That's this one...

I ranted on it back when I watched it and it's hard to forget, especially the ending with the giant werewolf deciding it's a good idea to go back to human form to try and kill the two people he's fighting.
I'm gonna claim trauma on this one for me :P

It was pretty damn terrible. I wonder what my grade for it originally was, I can't possibly think of anything other than an F lol
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Are you going to keep going with the Werewolf films tonight? I was going to suggest Black Mountain Side if you haven't seen that one yet?
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now watching Uncaged.
I recall you watching that one as well. Haha
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:Are you going to keep going with the Werewolf films tonight? I was going to suggest Black Mountain Side if you haven't seen that one yet?
I have a list I've compiled for the rest of the 62, so I'm knocking out the ones that I'm sure are mediocre or worse, before I get to the rest of the good stuff :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Havok wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Now watching Uncaged.
I recall you watching that one as well. Haha
I don't recall this one either, and also don't see it on my previous lists. But like the last one, I'm going to sit it all the way out in case my memory gets sparked.

I normally save any new-watch stuff for the challenges though, so it not making the lists when it came out in 2016 is weird, and I have my doubts it was available to stream for free by October 2016, but who knows?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

The comic-book graphics remind me of the butchered director's cut version of The Warriors.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Speaking of worse. . . Old Man is up next for my Slasher marathon.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Out of curiosity I did a search on Uncaged here, and it looks like you referenced it in 2017 when I asked you about A Mexican Werewolf In Texas lol

I never responded to you mentioning Uncaged, Crying Wolf or Dark Moon Rising (you mentioned all 3 in the same post). Crying Wolf I'm assuming was the 3D one? I remember that one just being bad too :P It's actually on my 2017-2019 lists.

I do see where I mentioned seeing Dark Moon Rising "last year or the year before" in 2017 when we were talking about how shitty modern werewolf movies have been :lol:
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Uncaged has been pretty dull so far.