Suspiria (2018)

News and thoughts on new movies.
Havok
Charter Member

Suspiria (2018)

Post by Havok »

I see no mention of this yet. Anyway, the trailer didn't really do anything for me, maybe the second trailer will be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGIEY7tdg8
Jason
Administrator

Re: Suspiria (2018)

Post by Jason »

Randomly thought of this remake just now. Googled to see when it would get released. It's already been released, I guess only a limited one. But it's playing about 35 miles away from me (closer to D's area), so I figure I'll rewatch the OG tonight since it's been a few years and go see it tomorrow if I don't feel sick as a dog.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

The film runs 2 hrs and 30 mins. Plus, forewarning it's more of an arthouse piece that kind of goes off the rails towards the finale or so i've read.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Havok wrote:The film runs 2 hrs and 30 mins. Plus, forewarning it's more of an arthouse piece that kind of goes off the rails towards the finale or so i've read.
Just got back from it. It felt more like Black Swan than a Suspiria remake. Could've easily shaved an hour off of this movie. I guess it had its moments, but there's nothing in there that warrants a shit load of praise. The main girl from the original makes a little cameo in here. I'm surprised I recognized her so easily.

Once again, if you have to watch one, stick with the OG.
pixie
Charter Member

Post by pixie »

Loved the OG. I didn't hate this one. I was definitely adamant but its not bad as a stand alone I just wouldn't/cant compare it to the OG.
On a soundtrack note... i loved that Thom Yorke was involved ( i guess this is a biased statement because i love everything thom).