The Incheon Report

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

The Incheon Report

Post by showa58taro »

https://www.apnews.com/5e2cdafcbdb8429d96fd3b3b91b880d6

Planet is all but broken now unless extreme action kicks in. Here’s hoping by the time Trump is gone someone who believes in science joins the battle from your side.

Lots of things to worry about from this report and the fanning effects that we are already seeing, including all the extreme weather events and intensification of storms and hurricanes. Be nice to not be the “we didn’t listen” Group for this one.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: The Incheon Report

Post by Reign in Blood »

Nothing ridiculous about claims made in there...
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:Nothing ridiculous about claims made in there...
Does it not frighten you that we look increasingly likely to be heading for an actual apocalypse and the best we have is burying our head in the sand? I mean far be it for me to say there’s an absolute certainty we are going to watch Armageddon, but there’s clearly a very significant and troubling issue here that will worsen life for billions and cause massive damages that we can already see. It’s no coincidence that storms are bigger, stronger and mite frequent, heatwaves are hotter, droughts are drier and more and more refugee crises arise as a result.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Does it not frighten you that we look increasingly likely to be heading for an actual apocalypse and the best we have is burying our head in the sand? I mean far be it for me to say there’s an absolute certainty we are going to watch Armageddon, but there’s clearly a very significant and troubling issue here that will worsen life for billions and cause massive damages that we can already see. It’s no coincidence that storms are bigger, stronger and mite frequent, heatwaves are hotter, droughts are drier and more and more refugee crises arise as a result.
We should have moved the Africans to Canada years ago anyway. Climate is nice there.

Climate changes. Sorry about your beach house, move off the coast. Always been weather events, you just have more stupid people crammed into situations they are unprepared for. Used to be people in coastal cities were there working, so they had the capability to handle it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

If you are scared, get a dog. If you are scared of weather 200 years from now, get a hobby.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Does it not frighten you that we look increasingly likely to be heading for an actual apocalypse
The liberals own your soul. Sad.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Man. You guys are depressing. Science isn’t a liberal thing.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Man. You guys are depressing. Science isn’t a liberal thing.
We should have a discussion about what "Science" is:

Science is a method of study. Science is observation and systematic experimentation.

How you use information to an end is 100% political. That has nothing to do with "Science".
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Whilst true that doesn’t change the scientific findings of lijekybconsequences of the. Hereby trajectory. Which are really bad. You’ll notice the report and indeed the panel itself doesn’t make policy choices for anyone. It merely tells you the likely outcome. We stand at a crossroads, and you seem uninterested in the fact that things are turning direcfirva lot of people.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Whilst true that doesn’t change the scientific findings of lijekybconsequences of the. Hereby trajectory. Which are really bad. You’ll notice the report and indeed the panel itself doesn’t make policy choices for anyone. It merely tells you the likely outcome. We stand at a crossroads, and you seem uninterested in the fact that things are turning direcfirva lot of people.
I am agnostic. Either it doesn't really matter or it is God's will. Either way, I would rather focus on Foo than the space rock we are all flying on raising a degree over 100 years. I live in a nice elevated spot miles inland. Will be fine.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

"We will all burn in 200 years! The Earth is in danger, though nobody alive today will be around to -say 'I told you so', when nothing happens- experience it for themselves! But we are scientists and you are not. Therefore everything we say is true and you have to trust our word that this will happen. Now give us tons of money"

Eh, not sure I'm buying it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Give me money today, and I will gladly prevent climate change on Tuesday.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Man that’s bleak Foo. Does nothing matter except money and your own good?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Skepticism will save your life. The left would stick their head in a fire if the media told them they could see hell.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:Man that’s bleak Foo. Does nothing matter except money and your own good?
My friends and family. Not directly harming others in the process.

In general, the best thing we can do for society is work hard and not hurt others. Getting baited into bigger cause that are just money shifting schemes doesn't really hold much appeal.

Lots of money invested, lots of wealth moved into fewer hands as part of that process. Lots of promises, not much results. The snake oil of the 21st century.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I mean that’s both wrong and stupid in equal measures as well as harmful.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:Skepticism will save your life. The left would stick their head in a fire if the media told them they could see hell.
Maybe let the grown ups talk.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

We all gotta die sometime, Seb. Besides, they made out of The Day After Tomorrow alright. :P

P sure we’re gonna go the Fifth Element/Jetsons route and live in the sky after we pummel mother earth and make her tap into submission.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:We all gotta die sometime, Seb. Besides, they made out of The Day After Tomorrow alright. :P

P sure we’re gonna go the Fifth Element/Jetsons route and live in the sky after we pummel mother earth and make her tap into submission.
Ideally I’d like my kids to get a chance to make it past 35 before they are faced with massive famine, disaster and death. Could be just me that has kids and so cares a bit longer term but I’d have thought that our planet staying healthy would be a global Priority. There’s basic upside too, but the reduction in disaster costs and refugee costs alone is worth taking it seriously beyond the obvious humanitarian commitment.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I've never questioned humans impact on the earth but this there's 12 years left to try an avoid death and destruction just seems suspect to me.