WWE Taking big heat for Saudi Arabia show

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

WWE Taking big heat for Saudi Arabia show

Post by Foo »

Yet, these same people fussing shill for Nike and Apple, shill for movie studios profiting by selling their movies in China and numerous other nations where horrible rights abuses happen daily.

Amazing.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: WWE Taking big heat for Saudi Arabia show

Post by Headhunter »

So, is it all bad or is it all fine?
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:So, is it all bad or is it all fine?
I think a show in Saudi Arabia is a drop in the bucket compared to what the other companies are doing all over that are not being criticized in the same way.

I think WWE looks foolish for doing business there while at the same time promoting a "Women's Revolution". The women can't even wrestle there. I find that to be far worse than a single murder.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
I think a show in Saudi Arabia is a drop in the bucket compared to what the other companies are doing all over that are not being criticized in the same way.

I think WWE looks foolish for doing business there while at the same time promoting a "Women's Revolution". The women can't even wrestle there. I find that to be far worse than a single murder.
I would not be looking toward the WWE for any kind of moral leadership anyway. Vince is very openly not that guy.

I haven't watched wrestling since half the women's matches consisted of them parading around in their bras and panties, throwing pillows and shooting each other with super-soakers looool
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Headhunter wrote:half the women's matches consisted of them parading around in their bras and panties, throwing pillows and shooting each other with super-soakers
ImageImageImage
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I actually wasn't crazy about it. It was neither quality wrestling nor hot enough to get my rocks off, so what am I supposed to do with it? Can find hot girls in skimpy outfits anywhere. Always just felt like pointless filler.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Stacy Keibler made me a man.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

I would not be looking toward the WWE for any kind of moral leadership anyway. Vince is very openly not that guy.

I haven't watched wrestling since half the women's matches consisted of them parading around in their bras and panties, throwing pillows and shooting each other with super-soakers looool
Vince has his qualities. It is said he is loyal to a fault.

That was when they were "Divas"! They are women superstars now, apparently.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

Can any of them wrestle? Trish Stratus was an anomaly in her time.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

There is room for both.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

Charlotte Flair has her moments, but in general, no.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:

Charlotte Flair has her moments, but in general, no.
They might want to focus on that or it's going to eventually backfire for their bottom line...

Or maybe my perception of the biz is out of touch.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

WWE should of cancelled this show who the fuck is in charge of PR there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:WWE should of cancelled this show who the fuck is in charge of PR there.
I don't understand why other companies are not pressured like this?

Apple, Ford, Coke, and other highly visible consumer product companies are not told by the public they should not do business there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Also would like to point out how WWE works. The wrestlers generally get 1/3 of the gate for shows. They also get a percentage of their merchandise sales. The payout for the Saudi shows are huge for wrestlers, plus the merchandising for them in emerging markets can pay them well into retirement.

It is a great thing for both the company and their talent. Also, the fans in Saudi Arabia are not the regime who murdered the journalist. I would argue if the goal of such boycotts is to impose our values, not going is the antithesis of that.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I think the left is so dense that they don't even realize what it's like for women out there.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:I think the left is so dense that they don't even realize what it's like for women out there.
Let's be real, the ONLY reason this murder is a big story is because the media is protecting their own. They ignore so much that goes on, but a member of the american media gets murdered and we must boycott everything. The treatment of the journalist was probably not even outside the realm of their everyday laws. Where is everyone wanting to boycott the rest of the time? Why do people not recognize the harm of people with such values leaking into OUR society?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:
Jason wrote:I think the left is so dense that they don't even realize what it's like for women out there.
Let's be real, the ONLY reason this murder is a big story is because the media is protecting their own. They ignore so much that goes on, but a member of the american media gets murdered and we must boycott everything. The treatment of the journalist was probably not even outside the realm of their everyday laws. Where is everyone wanting to boycott the rest of the time? Why do people not recognize the harm of people with such values leaking into OUR society?
This is why I have so much disdain for the liberal media. They are an absolute cancer to society in every way, no matter what side you stand on. Lying about major issues to protect their brand, misinterpreting opposing arguments on an every day basis. It's completely disgusting. Why is it the only honest news outlets tend to be independent Conservative journalists on youtube? Seeing this trend rise gives me hope, but if you are not actively out there seeking to understand current events, all you get is what the mainstream media tells you. And think about just how many people are out there not seeking answers and are just swayed by the media, clueless to everything... It's alarming. 65 million people voted for Hillary Clinton. That is insane.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Nice try Comrade! That guy is clearly a russian bot.