The Mule (2018)

News and thoughts on new movies.
Jason
Administrator

The Mule (2018)

Post by Jason »

This looks like it is gonna bring the house down.

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: The Mule (2018)

Post by Reign in Blood »

Looks good. Just hope "this is the last one" isn't referring to his movies.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Might be. He is almost 90. But I will watch anything with Clint. An old west badass who established himself as one of the best directors of all time.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

hadn't he already retired and then came back to do this one? chances are that it will be his last, unless something really grabs him again.

that trailer gives a really good set up. i hope the film delivers on it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I hope Clint lives to be a healthy 170 years old.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

This was played in front of Green Book. Looks great. Clint is also looking more like he's about to shoot a better version of Poltergeist II :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

what is your favorite clint movie, as an actor? as a director?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Unforgiven and Unforgiven. :p
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

zombie wrote:what is your favorite clint movie, as an actor? as a director?
Unforgiven is my apex of Clint, but unsure if I'd say that's my favorite performance of his. Definitely favorite of his direction jobs though.

I'd say he's excellent in Sudden Impact, Unforgiven, Outlaw Josey Whales, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, and Every Which Way But Loose, for acting.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Actor: The Outlaw Josey Wales. Director: A Perfect World.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

There is a charm to Clint Eastwood in his older years. He has obviously aged since the Dollars Trilogy, Josey Wales, Dirty Harry etc... I think everybody started to think of him as the sweet old man when he started doing more comedic flicks and action flicks like Every Which Way But Loose, Pink Cadillac and The Rookie... and when he came back to the western genre in Unforgiven as a weak old man, pretty much playing his tired, gunfighter self from the past and then went fucking rogue on everyone it was just mind-blowing. Seeing him on that horse again with that unmistakable Clint Eastwood Glare that only means he's going to unleash fucking hell on you was the best thing I've ever seen. That same look at the very end of The Mule trailer I posted. Clint in Unforgiven was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad.

I don't know much about The Mule other than what's seen in the trailer. Seems like he's done some wrong in his past, his life is only getting shorter and he's trying to right his wrongs, but he's gonna do it in a way that only Clint can.

He is the baddest dude who ever lived.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:There is a charm to Clint Eastwood in his older years. He has obviously aged since the Dollars Trilogy, Josey Wales, Dirty Harry etc... I think everybody started to think of him as the sweet old man when he started doing more comedic flicks and action flicks like Every Which Way But Loose, Pink Cadillac and The Rookie... and when he came back to the western genre in Unforgiven as a weak old man, pretty much playing his tired, gunfighter self from the past and then went fucking rogue on everyone it was just mind-blowing. Seeing him on that horse again with that unmistakable Clint Eastwood Glare that only means he's going to unleash fucking hell on you was the best thing I've ever seen. That same look at the very end of The Mule trailer I posted. Clint in Unforgiven was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad.

I don't know much about The Mule other than what's seen in the trailer. Seems like he's done some wrong in his past, his life is only getting shorter and he's trying to right his wrongs, but he's gonna do it in a way that only Clint can.

Right his wrongs, pfft!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:There is a charm to Clint Eastwood in his older years. He has obviously aged since the Dollars Trilogy, Josey Wales, Dirty Harry etc... I think everybody started to think of him as the sweet old man when he started doing more comedic flicks and action flicks like Every Which Way But Loose, Pink Cadillac and The Rookie... and when he came back to the western genre in Unforgiven as a weak old man, pretty much playing his tired, gunfighter self from the past and then went fucking rogue on everyone it was just mind-blowing. Seeing him on that horse again with that unmistakable Clint Eastwood Glare that only means he's going to unleash fucking hell on you was the best thing I've ever seen. That same look at the very end of The Mule trailer I posted. Clint in Unforgiven was Breaking Bad before Breaking Bad.

Right his wrongs, pfft!
"but he's gonna do it in a way that only Clint can."
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

Right his wrongs, pfft!
"but he's gonna do it in a way that only Clint can."
Mark Twain?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

"Go Fuck Yourself"- C. Eastwood.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Reign in Blood wrote:Actor: The Outlaw Josey Wales. Director: A Perfect World.
this
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote:"Go Fuck Yourself"- C. Eastwood.
"And I'm hear to kill you, Little Reign, for what you did to this thread."
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Monster wrote:
this
MX, make sure Jason doesn't get all dickhead on us.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Monster wrote:
this
MX, make sure Jason doesn't get all dickhead on us.
Fuck, too late!