Scarefest 2019 Results

You can talk about anything here
Havok
Charter Member

Scarefest 2019 Results

Post by Havok »

First off, I won a free 3 day pass in a contest and got in free. That's $25-$30 i'm glad I didn't have to shell out as Scarefest this year was just shit.

Hardly anything Movie related as in dvd's and stuff, but I did manage to find a couple vendors with a rack/box of movies. Some VHS, but they were asking crazy prices for them.

The real complaint I had was the Autograph pricing went up even more. People I paid $10 or $20 were now asking $30 or $50. Part I believe is due to inflation, the other is just greed. I wanted to get three autographs two for my Return of the Living Dead vhs and one for my Sleepaway Camp vhs. I paid $10 a piece for Felissa Rose and Jonathan a few years back and wanted to get Kathrine Kamil and she was asking $30. Thom Matthews was asking $40. Which I thought was fucking insane and way overpriced, but I ended up getting Clu Gulager for obvious reasons (Age) because you never know. He was a sweet and kind person, so that made the price worthwhile and technically the free ticket/entry fee I would've spent covered most of the autograph.

I'm slowly getting out of autographs and each year just makes that more clear. I'm sorry, but if legends like Joe Bob and Brinke Stevens only charge $20 and they want people to pay $60 for Lori Petty who I heard was a complete mess. Dee Snider, Skeet Ulrich ,Kane Hodder and Bruce Campbell probably had the most crowded lines. I did see Bruce Campbell, they had security surrounding his line so people couldn't snap a passing by picture and it seemed like it was a sign your item and leave ordeal just standing there and watching for a few minutes. Not really worth the $60 price tag, but I heard Dee took time with everybody in his line.

I did talk to Mick Foley, he seemed cool, but if you weren't shelling out $40, he didn't really want to hear how appreciative you are for everything he did and providing you with wrestling growing up.

I have more to say, but it's just tiny things. I just miss what Scarefest used to be. It was about the movies and film makers promoting stuff. The Conversations about Horror and of course the $20 autographs were spot on, but it seems like all that is in the past and it being taken over by a different culture. I mean, I know there is a small portion of old school people who love the genre and want to see it flourish, but this convention is getting really main stream with it's convention goers.

Pawn shop hit before con

One vendor at Scarefest - $2 each

Top 3/bottom 3 were different vendors and Lep was $7.50 at Walmart

New hoodie

Clu
Last edited by Havok on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Scarefest 2019 (Autographs?)

Post by Jason »

They're releasing the vinyl (VINYL) of the Madman soundtrack and a free screening. It's somewhere in L.A. in 4 weeks. I plan on going. Need that vinyl. Wanna watch a screening with fellow Madman fans. Should kick ass.
Havok
Charter Member

Re: Scarefest 2019 Results

Post by Havok »

Updated!
Ava
Charter Member

Re: Scarefest 2019 Results

Post by Ava »

That Phantasm hoodie is awesome. I love that the car is on it.