Administrator

Re: 07-15-2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

Gotta work and that is such a bummer but im going to a crab feast later

Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Tiggnutz wrote:Gotta work and that is such a bummer but im going to a crab feast later
Yum! :D
We've been doing seafood boils every couple of weeks here. I've even got my parents to buy their own propane setup and pot for it. Haven't put crabs in it yet. I'm working the nerve up to throw them in while they are alive. :oops:
The first time I wasn't sure how much cayenne to put in and accidentally put WAY too much in. Everyone ate it but they kept having to stop and take a drink. (they aren't spicy eaters)
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Ava wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Gotta work and that is such a bummer but im going to a crab feast later
We've been doing seafood boils every couple of weeks here. I've even got my parents to buy their own propane setup and pot for it. Haven't put crabs in it yet. I'm working the nerve up to throw them in while they are alive. :oops:
The first time I wasn't sure how much cayenne to put in and accidentally put WAY too much in. Everyone ate it but they kept having to stop and take a drink. (they aren't spicy eaters)
I love spicy, and I love seafood! We don't get to eat seafood very much. Crab and lobster are my absolute favorite foods. It's just really expensive here.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Tiggnutz wrote:Where is Reign?
Flu maybe?
For some reason that stuff is going around again here. My mom and dad both came down with it last week and their two toddlers. Worst part is that I unknowingly babysat them right before they got sick. :?

Funniest moment this week was when my dad was up at the hospital trying to take care of his mom who (later we found out had the flu too and we think was the whole origin of this whole shitstorm) was having liver surgery. He was not feeling well at all (thought it was just a bad cold starting up) but was needed there because of Gran's surgery. A doc at the hospital takes one look at my pops and was like man you look like crap, I'm ordering you to go get a bite to eat now in the cafeteria. So he went. He figured rice was a simple dish to fill up on. He was plowing through some of it and thought it tasted off. He asked the lady. This rice....it's uh...different. What is it? She says "Oh, that is just the fish we mix up with it". He has a HUGE fish allergy to certain fishes like cod. Within ten minutes his throat was closing at the hospital. Pretty much a Scooby Doo Ruh- roh moment. Ding Dong didn't read the whole sign. :P
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Ava wrote:
I love spicy, and I love seafood! We don't get to eat seafood very much. Crab and lobster are my absolute favorite foods. It's just really expensive here.
I've been making it with shrimp and andouille sausage. I've fed about 10 people on $30. (I also say to whoever comes by that if you want more shrimp, bring extra and I'll throw it on in the pot)
When it is summer and the corn is so cheap 6 or 8 for $1.00 it helps the budget. Plus that corn gets broken down into halves. The tiny creamer potatoes run on sale too. Plus believe it or not the corn turns out to be the best part because it soaks up all the butter garlic old bay lemon pepper seafood sauce.

*getting hungry now*
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

10 people for $30! Damn!!! Damnit Tigg and Ava. I am hungry now! :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Ava wrote:
I believe steaming to be so much better than boiling when it comes to crab and shrimp.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

not a banner. just a gif, and it plays slower than i'd like. but overall i'm okay with it. :P

oops broken link. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

hmm.. i didn't notice the glitchiness of some frames before. that i'll have to work on too.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

HeeHEEEEEEE. Look at Zomb, owning Imageready in two days.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

owning is not the word i'd use. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Gonna do more stuff?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

uh huh. i'm gonna do more, when it comes to mind.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Oh, my God.

Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Ava wrote:
I believe steaming to be so much better than boiling when it comes to crab and shrimp.
I'll have to try that!
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

zombie wrote:not a banner. just a gif, and it plays slower than i'd like. but overall i'm okay with it. :P

Good job zombie!
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Cooking up a pot of chili and trying to find something on Netflix. The description for the movie Demon Inside reads... She turned her back on her psychic powers. Now, a demonic force is hiding in the most terrifying place imaginable.

I hope it is the butt. If you are unlucky enough to have a demon invade your body that would probably the worst place.
Damn you Netflix I am way too curious not to watch now. :p
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i made a version that i'm more happy with. :P

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i made a version that i'm more happy with. :P

Never really thought much about it before but they make what 9 NOES movies and the one time they have a primary male protagonist he is an obvious gay. Kinda interesting.