Undermining Trump's Presidency

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

Undermining Trump's Presidency

Post by showa58taro »

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/05/wha ... ubvert-it/

Interesting piece on the military intervention in the US and the Deep State undermining Trump and his agenda.

Realize I might be feeding the sharks with this, but hey, it is interesting.
Jason
Administrator

Re: Undermining Trump's Presidency

Post by Jason »

I'd wager you've heard far less of what Trump and his cabinet are actually saying and far more from the professional spin doctors at theintercept, salon, CNN and other biased news outlets.

showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

That is not really the point though. The point is that Trump is basically being railroaded out of power by the existing power structure.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It only further shows how deep the corruption is within the government. Claim to be totally on board with completely ridding Obamacare by any means necessary, then when it's time to go, they are pro-Obamacare. Slimy government.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Again, not the point of the article either.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason, read the article, lol. This is better than a YouTube video. Just got done reading it. Will read a couple more times.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

It's a genuinely interesting article. Not sure what Jason is afraid he'll read.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:It's a genuinely interesting article. Not sure what Jason is afraid he'll read.
Seems like something he would dig, too.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:That is not really the point though. The point is that Trump is basically being railroaded out of power by the existing power structure.
That is what I said weeks ago.

Those powers will let you tinker with domestic policy, but you start messing with accepted foreign policy and it really amps up.

Notice how there is a non-stop rhetoric about our "enemies". They are ruthless, crazy, maniacal, power hungry, etc. We must isolate them and delegitimize them.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:That is not really the point though. The point is that Trump is basically being railroaded out of power by the existing power structure.
That is what I said weeks ago.

Those powers will let you tinker with domestic policy, but you start messing with accepted foreign policy and it really amps up.

Notice how there is a non-stop rhetoric about our "enemies". They are ruthless, crazy, maniacal, power hungry, etc. We must isolate them and delegitimize them.
It's a tough one really. On the one hand Trump stands for things I completely oppose. But I would also oppose the US being a dictator state run by the military. And increasingly the generals who stick to the normal foreign policy choices are the ones that are viewed as "safe hands" even by the left which is a weird thing for them to be doing in my book.

It is definitely a mess politically. And may severely damage the US in the long term.