August 12th 2017

The daily chat room.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

August 12th 2017

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Sliced off 1000 words on my book. Decided not to go in that direction, would've made things too complicated and I would've wound up with a fantasy series instead of a singular horror novel.

Also going in for possibly two root canals today. Ah yeah. Should be the last of them, then I can work on the ones that are actually just cavities (i.e. cost less).
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: August 12th 2017

Post by Reign in Blood »

Yo D, I see Wienerschnitzel has new Thousand Island Chili Cheese Fries, you gonna give em a go buddy?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Yo D, I see Wienerschnitzel has new Thousand Island Chili Cheese Fries, you gonna give em a go buddy?
hahahahahaha

No
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Yo D, I see Wienerschnitzel has new Thousand Island Chili Cheese Fries, you gonna give em a go buddy?
hahahahahaha

No
I am neutral to the stuff, don't hate or love it, but that seems even to me absolutely revolting.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
hahahahahaha

No
I am neutral to the stuff, don't hate or love it, but that seems even to me absolutely revolting.
Yeah. I twitched when I visualized the combination.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

What the hell is that? Sounds awful.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:What the hell is that? Sounds awful.

It really sounds bad to me, because I don't even like thousand island dressing.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:

Who wants any dressing on their fries? What the actual fuck yo.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Also is Facebook fucking with me or are there actual neo Nazis in Charlottesville? And did Trump seriously fail to condemn them?

Sometimes these days the news on Facebook is harder to discern from the obvious bullshit. Purely from how crazy things seem to get.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:Also is Facebook fucking with me or are there actual neo Nazis in Charlottesville? And did Trump seriously fail to condemn them?

Sometimes these days the news on Facebook is harder to discern from the obvious bullshit. Purely from how crazy things seem to get.
Yeah, it's happening. I know a guy who lives near there.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Also is Facebook fucking with me or are there actual neo Nazis in Charlottesville? And did Trump seriously fail to condemn them?

Yeah, it's happening. I know a guy who lives near there.
Fuck me. I thought it was a joke article or parody when I saw it. Actual fucking Nazi flags. That's nuts. Hope anyone who knows people there have no issues with their friends. Will see what the Apple news feed is saying about this.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:

Who wants any dressing on their fries? What the actual fuck yo.
Most Californians love that shit on everything here. No bueno.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Good news, according to xrays, only one Root Canal was needed, the other tooth just needs a crown. I'm guessing because the filling on that tooth from long ago stopped anything internally, so the damage is all external. So that saves me 700 bucks.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Nice! Money saved. Still shocked it's 700 bucks for you. I paid $40 I think for mine.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

It's so disgusting. Imagine being a World War 2 veteran fighting to eradicate Fascism from the world and 70+ years later you see young people marching the streets proudly evoking Hitler...so fucked.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Nice! Money saved. Still shocked it's 700 bucks for you. I paid $40 I think for mine.
40 bucks for a root canal? Wow.

Wait, is that with insurance? Because that I don't have, and seems to have disappeared around here after Obamacare (I looked years ago and there was a bunch of Dental Insurances in the area, now nothing, I use Obamacare as a timeline landmark since it was in between).

I applied for Care Credit, which is basically a credit card specifically for dental care (at least mine is) so I'll be paying it off with no interest over 24 months (if I fail to pay it off in 24 months, it starts collecting interest).
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

showa58taro wrote:Nice! Money saved. Still shocked it's 700 bucks for you. I paid $40 I think for mine.
40 bucks for a root canal? Wow.

Wait, is that with insurance? Because that I don't have, and seems to have disappeared around here after Obamacare (I looked years ago and there was a bunch of Dental Insurances in the area, now nothing, I use Obamacare as a timeline landmark since it was in between).

I applied for Care Credit, which is basically a credit card specifically for dental care (at least mine is) so I'll be paying it off with no interest over 24 months (if I fail to pay it off in 24 months, it starts collecting interest).
No, I am sure it was on the NHS. May have been a bit more:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1781.aspx?CategoryID=74

£56. So I guess more like 60 or 70 bucks. But still, 1/10 your cost it seems. No complaints on my part.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

what did those fries do to deserve that? eww.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Sliced off 1000 words on my book. Decided not to go in that direction, would've made things too complicated and I would've wound up with a fantasy series instead of a singular horror novel.

Also going in for possibly two root canals today. Ah yeah. Should be the last of them, then I can work on the ones that are actually just cavities (i.e. cost less).

That will happen a lot, especially if you read back over what you wrote before continuing where you left off. That's the main thing that tripped me up on my first-rough draft. If not for constantly re-writing parts I all of a sudden didn't like, I would have probably finished the first draft in about 2 or 3 months. Backtracking took time and I started completely over like three or four times before settling on the basics.

That's the main reason I want to edit the whole series before I release anything. I don't want to be trapped into keeping an idea I don't like being carried through the whole series.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend