08-16-2017

The daily chat room.
Jason
Administrator

08-16-2017

Post by Jason »

Boss called last minute, said a bunch of work canceled and I don't need to come in, today.

Bitter sweet. I want the money, but I got a day off. The summer hours aren't as busy as they told me they'd be. I was expecting to get 72 hours a week. Now that I'm back, I've only gotten about 43 hours. And that was on a 6-day work week.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: 08-16-2017

Post by showa58taro »

Shame. Hope you enjoy your day off at least.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

test drove two cars today, liked 'em both. no closer to getting a new car. *sigh*
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Dream wrote:test drove two cars today, liked 'em both. no closer to getting a new car. *sigh*
If both are equal why not go by price? If that's equal just flip a coin or do an HMF poll. :D
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

showa58taro wrote:
Dream wrote:test drove two cars today, liked 'em both. no closer to getting a new car. *sigh*
If both are equal why not go by price? If that's equal just flip a. Kin or do an HMF poll. :D

That's the thing. the one I liked a little more is more expensive, but when I was in it I couldn't feel the sunlight on me...and it's a 4 wheel drive which means it'll be bitchin' in the snow.

The other one drove just as well, but is a lighter weight car and cheaper, but the sunlight was obvious and it's a front wheel car, which will be a bitch in the snow.

The pros and cons of both are fairly equal. Plus the cheaper one is likely gonna be sold today to someone else, but he said he'd probably get another one in by the end of the month or so. So I'm looking into those a little more around here to see what I can find.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Dream wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
If both are equal why not go by price? If that's equal just flip a. Kin or do an HMF poll. :D

That's the thing. the one I liked a little more is more expensive, but when I was in it I couldn't feel the sunlight on me...and it's a 4 wheel drive which means it'll be bitchin' in the snow.

The other one drove just as well, but is a lighter weight car and cheaper, but the sunlight was obvious and it's a front wheel car, which will be a bitch in the snow.

The pros and cons of both are fairly equal. Plus the cheaper one is likely gonna be sold today to someone else, but he said he'd probably get another one in by the end of the month or so. So I'm looking into those a little more around here to see what I can find.
I'm the worst person to ask in these situations. I tend to always assume price gives quality and would buy the more expensive one if affordable. And if you're driving in snow that seems a more important metric than sunshine to me. But it's no doubt a difficult decision to make. What are the two cars, if you don't mind sharing?
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

showa58taro wrote:
Dream wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

I'm the worst person to ask in these situations. I tend to always assume price gives quality and would buy the more expensive one if affordable. And if you're driving in snow that seems a more important metric than sunshine to me. But it's no doubt a difficult decision to make. What are the two cars, if you don't mind sharing?

I tend to walk when it snows. Sunlight makes me sick. So I don't necessarily need a car that handles well in the snow, but the sunlight blocking thing would mean I can do errands for a bit longer without getting sick.

also for the price, both are used cars, both are highly rated, the more expensive one is also a newer year, so comparatively to find one of the other car for that same year the prices would be about the same.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

also I pm'ed you the two cars. I'm trying to avoid group bias messing with my decision. :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Nice. I'll keep that to myself then. :)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

If you don't like sun it sounds like the more expensive one is more useful all round. But there's no doubt lots to consider.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm probably gonna be buying something very soon. :D
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
I'm probably gonna be buying something very soon. :D
Anything cool?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Dream wrote:also I pm'ed you the two cars. I'm trying to avoid group bias messing with my decision. :P
Booooo!!!!!!
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jason wrote:
Dream wrote:also I pm'ed you the two cars. I'm trying to avoid group bias messing with my decision. :P
Booooo!!!!!!

here's a hint: Both are Japanese cars :P

I ran out of Dodge Intrepids in the area :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Get a Jeep Patriot they last forever
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Tiggnutz wrote:Get a Jeep Patriot they last forever

Oddly enough my neighbor has one of those and has had nothing but problems with it. They actively warned us against them when they found out we were looking for a car. :P Was also warned against the Ford Fusion.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Dream wrote:

Oddly enough my neighbor has one of those and has had nothing but problems with it. They actively warned us against them when they found out we were looking for a car. :P Was also warned against the Ford Fusion.
I know a guy who races Jeep Cherokees. He loves them and owns 3. Not sure why though, lol. I had one for about 6 months and had no problems. That's not a long time though.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Dream wrote:

I know a guy who races Jeep Cherokees. He loves them and owns 3. Not sure why though, lol. I had one for about 6 months and had no problems. That's not a long time though.

Just like anything, sometimes there's a lemon in the group :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Dream wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Dream wrote:

Yeah, people told me to not buy a Ford Aerostar mini van. This was in 1995 and it was an '88 with 41,000 miles. I put over 300,000 on it. Only thing I replaced was alternator and radiator. I gave it to a friend so he could get to a job he got installing cable. He totalled it a week later. He wasn't hurt though, I was still mad lol
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Dream wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:
Dream wrote:

Yeah, people told me to not buy a Ford Aerostar mini van. This was in 1995 and it was an '88 with 41,000 miles. I put over 300,000 on it. Only thing I replaced was alternator and radiator. I gave it to a friend so he could get to a job he got installing cable. He totalled it a week later. He wasn't hurt though, I was still mad lol

Over the past like...12 years or so I've had 3 different Dodge Intrepids, Cost to own, including repairs and insurance, during that time have averaged about $700 a year (not counting gas,though)

My family were pretty anti-dodge, but I was damn lucky with them. I'm hoping to continue the good luck in a new brand, but if I could get my hands on an '04 Intrepid, I would probably grab it without a second thought.