August 31st 2017

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

August 31st 2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

Another month bites the dust it will be snowing before you know it.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Re: August 31st 2017

Post by Jmac Attack »

We have fall first! Halloween....football.....
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Exciting.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Would anybody be interested in joining me and my co-host on the radio show tonight discussing Tobe Hooper?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote:Another month bites the dust it will be snowing before you know it.
I haven't seen snow in this city in like ten years.

I haven't seen below freezing temps in this city in ten years. And it only lasts like three days when it happens. We get Summer, Summer, Summer and Spring/Summer all year.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:Would anybody be interested in joining me and my co-host on the radio show tonight discussing Tobe Hooper?
Wish I could, my man. God damn work and lack of time, though. FML
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Yup
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Another month bites the dust it will be snowing before you know it.
I haven't seen snow in this city in like ten years.

I haven't seen below freezing temps in this city in ten years. And it only lasts like three days when it happens. We get Summer, Summer, Summer and Spring/Summer all year.
How hot was it for you today? Today is the first day of the summer when I first got into the car and then the house I thought I was gonna die of heat stroke.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I worked in Barstow today, up there it was cloudy as hell and a bit rainy. So the heat wasn't bad up there. But as I was heading back down early this afternoon I could feel the heat punching me in the fucking face. So there's that.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Hit 111 here, then unpredictibly about 30 minutes ago (just as I leave work to walk) it starts pummeling rain. That was not on the hourly forecast for this zip code :P
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Tiny update on my land dispute. Lawyer didn't do jack shit. Sent one letter which had 15 days to leave property, but that got returned to sender. Sent another letter with 10 days, nothing came from it. Then wanted $1500 and $200/hr to continue on. Went back to the county attorney, filled out another paper this morning and now i'm back to waiting while this asshole on my property is adding more and more to it each passing day. Fucking hell, at this rate if you don't own something and want it, just move in and take it. Nothing will stop you because the law is ass backwards.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:Tiny update on my land dispute. Lawyer didn't do jack shit. Sent one letter which had 15 days to leave property, but that got returned to sender. Sent another letter with 10 days, nothing came from it. Then wanted $1500 and $200/hr to continue on. Went back to the county attorney, filled out another paper this morning and now i'm back to waiting while this asshole on my property is adding more and more to it each passing day. Fucking hell, at this rate if you don't own something and want it, just move in and take it. Nothing will stop you because the law is ass backwards.
I don't have the answers, but this is obviously fucked up and there's something, somewhere you can do.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Havok wrote:Tiny update on my land dispute. Lawyer didn't do jack shit. Sent one letter which had 15 days to leave property, but that got returned to sender. Sent another letter with 10 days, nothing came from it. Then wanted $1500 and $200/hr to continue on. Went back to the county attorney, filled out another paper this morning and now i'm back to waiting while this asshole on my property is adding more and more to it each passing day. Fucking hell, at this rate if you don't own something and want it, just move in and take it. Nothing will stop you because the law is ass backwards.
I don't have the answers, but this is obviously fucked up and there's something, somewhere you can do.
We have a deed for the property, tax papers and everything else that claims we own it. This guy has been up there since July 14th and I just don't get why nothing is being done in a timely manner. People we're talking with look at my Mother and I like we're in the wrong. It's so frustrating. Hopefully, the county attorney get's back to us tomorrow with a next logical step.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

My grandparents have a lot of land in Tennessee. They had a situation where someone had built a long driveway across their property to take a shortcut from their property to the main road. My grandparents talked to the people and made it clear they could use the shortcut across my grandparents property, but they could not build a driveway. Well, over time the grass got beaten down, and turned to dirt, which turned to mud. The people then decided to put in some stone to make it passable. My grandparents reminded them of the agreement, but again, as weather kept making the shortcut muddy, the people kept adding stone.

Pretty soon, it started looking like a driveway. My grandparents told them it was getting out of hand, and asked them to stop. They refused. My grandparents had the driveway blocked with giant boulders. The people went around. My grandparents added more large rocks and moved some dirt and it became undriveable. The people sued and won a right of way, despite having access to another road directly in front of their property, they were allowed to maintain a driveway on my grandparents' property.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Weird. US land laws sound fucked up. Hope it resolves ok.