DACA and the dreamers

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
showa58taro
Administrator

DACA and the dreamers

Post by showa58taro »

This revocation of DACA feels especially noxious somehow. Not only is it very much a "sins of the father" punishment. It also seems like a phenomenally cruel thing given that 800,000 registered and gave their details in good Toth. There must be a better solution than what they're currently saying.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: DACA and the dreamers

Post by Reign in Blood »

Sims of the Father. I know when my Dad took over my Sims game, I wanted to punch him in the face for how fucked he got things. Bad form, for sure.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Fixed you prick. :P
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

:lol:
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

He did what he needed to do to set things right. Obama fucked it up someone needed to fix it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

What happened to the Sims, damn yous!
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:This revocation of DACA feels especially noxious somehow. Not only is it very much a "sins of the father" punishment. It also seems like a phenomenally cruel thing given that 800,000 registered and gave their details in good Toth. There must be a better solution than what they're currently saying.
Personally, I would like to see a comprehensive immigration reform where those people are allowed to stay provided they have no criminal record and go through the citizenship process and s probationary period of five years where they have no crimes and do not use social services.

Anybody else who crosses the border illegally we shoot them in the face and string them to the wall.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Im not without compassion draft a law to help those effected get to stay but it couldnt stay the way it was.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Imagine if all these amazing people had stayed in Mexico over the past few decades. It might not be an epic shithole.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Imagine if all these amazing people had stayed in Mexico over the past few decades. It might not be an epic shithole.
Now, now, they've made America great again.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Foo wrote:Imagine if all these amazing people had stayed in Mexico over the past few decades. It might not be an epic shithole.
You misspelled "tuck uhrr JAAAHBS"
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
As long as we have unskilled and unemployed Americans, why would we bring in labor to compete with them?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
As long as we have unskilled and unemployed Americans, why would we bring in labor to compete with them?
THere is no competition. Americans don't do those jobs.

But on the topic of DACA, the obvious problem is that they all arrived unable to have a say in their arrival, and definitely weren't brought in to do jobs. They just came with families, and are fully integrated in society now. This just feels like the perfect storm of the worst of Trump. Cruel and Cowardly. Get elected by racists and enact racist policies, not a surprise. But don't expect sympathy.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Cruel and cowardly. Racist. This couldn't have possibly any benefit to anyone.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:Cruel and cowardly. Racist. This couldn't have possibly any benefit to anyone.
If you need to make gains on the back of the innocent and unprotected, how are you any better than a third world shithole?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:Cruel and cowardly. Racist. This couldn't have possibly any benefit to anyone.
If you need to make gains on the back of the innocent and unprotected, how are you any better than a third world shithole?
Inb4theysayillegalsaren'tinnocentiftheycamehereillegalyandtheirkidsshouldbehungforbeingbrown.

True story, though.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
THere is no competition. Americans don't do those jobs.

But on the topic of DACA, the obvious problem is that they all arrived unable to have a say in their arrival, and definitely weren't brought in to do jobs. They just came with families, and are fully integrated in society now. This just feels like the perfect storm of the worst of Trump. Cruel and Cowardly. Get elected by racists and enact racist policies, not a surprise. But don't expect sympathy.
Is there some reason why an unemployed American cannot do the job that a Mexican crossing the border can do?

Well, I suppose they will have to go back with those families and all be together in Mexico. Crime doesn't pay. Being that I am clearly not racist against latinos, you should look for another excuse.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Inb4theysayillegalsaren'tinnocentiftheycamehereillegalyandtheirkidsshouldbehungforbeingbrown.

True story, though.
Hung for being brown, wooo.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

True story, though.
Indeed. Trying to channel my inner racist. Not too difficult when I read comments some Trump supporters make. That said, I certainly did exaggerate - even if someone actually believed that Latino children should be hung, they probably wouldn't say actually say it.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

True story, though.
Indeed. Trying to channel my inner racist. Not too difficult when I read comments some Trump supporters make. That said, I certainly did exaggerate - even if someone actually believed that Latino children should be hung, they probably wouldn't say actually say it.
I think being hung for being too dark skinned works. However, what do we with the Asians, Jiggy?