Administrator

September 8th 2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's Friday!!
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: September 8th 2017

Post by showa58taro »

Working from home today. So no commute home, always a bonus.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Land dispute update. Warrant is out on the guy, called the sheriff, should be arrested sometime today hopefully. Learned out from my mother that the woman he married was in prison 8 years for killing her 8 month old baby. Got out married this guy and got another kid. Also, drug peddlers. Fun times!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I was off today so me and my boys drove up to Delaware to bet on Football
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Havok wrote:Land dispute update. Warrant is out on the guy, called the sheriff, should be arrested sometime today hopefully. Learned out from my mother that the woman he married was in prison 8 years for killing her 8 month old baby. Got out married this guy and got another kid. Also, drug peddlers. Fun times!
I feel both like I missed something, but also that I'm a better person for having missed it. :lol:
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:should i watch after midnight now, or wait til october?
Follow your heart, young pawadan.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

First mistake in an online order I think I've encountered:

Orders a CD on Amazon (Tonight the Stars Revolt! by Powerman 5000, should anyone be interested). Got the package today. CD box was right, but inside, instead of Tonight the Stars Revolt!, was Toxicity by System of a Down. It might even have come as a welcome surprise, if I hadn't bought Toxicity over ten years ago. :(
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

was this a cd from a shop featured on amazon, or actually amazon itself?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:was this a cd from a shop featured on amazon, or actually amazon itself?
CD shop (well, shop of a lot of things). I've bought CDs and DVDs from them before without issue, so I wrote them and I hope it'll be resolved quickly, without incident.

Should be noted that I only paid .87 cents for the album - because of that fact alone, I'm hoping I'm not accused of lying for some type of monetary gain. :D
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:was this a cd from a shop featured on amazon, or actually amazon itself?
CD shop (well, shop of a lot of things). I've bought CDs and DVDs from them before without issue, so I wrote them and I hope it'll be resolved quickly, without incident.

Should be noted that I only paid .87 cents for the album - because of that fact alone, I'm hoping I'm not accused of lying for some type of monetary gain. :D
are you keeping the system of a down cd then? if you send it back, then they can easily verify that you're not lying. :P (or just really don't like system of a down, and want two copies of powerman 500)
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

are you keeping the system of a down cd then? if you send it back, then they can easily verify that you're not lying. :P (or just really don't like system of a down, and want two copies of powerman 500)
I suppose I'll send it back. Never sent a package before. Sounds daunting. I wish I could keep the Powerman 5000 album box, and I'm guessing they just accidentally left the SoaD CD in it for some reason. I'll basically do whatever the guy says, as long as I get the Powerman 5000 CD.

Toxicity it a solid album. One of the first really loud albums I heard when I was a kid. Blew me away from the very first track ("Prison Song").

Here's my personal favorite part of this story - I already have Tonight the Stars Revolt! via Pirate Bay - I just wanted a physical copy of the album. I already have all the songs, though, so it's almost purely cosmetic. :lol:

On the other hand, the other ten CD's I ordered all got here okay, with the right CD's in their boxes, so I just happened to have bad luck with this one.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

I suppose I'll send it back. Never sent a package before. Sounds daunting. I wish I could keep the Powerman 5000 album box, and I'm guessing they just accidentally left the SoaD CD in it for some reason. I'll basically do whatever the guy says, as long as I get the Powerman 5000 CD.

Toxicity it a solid album. One of the first really loud albums I heard when I was a kid. Blew me away from the very first track ("Prison Song").

Here's my personal favorite part of this story - I already have Tonight the Stars Revolt! via Pirate Bay - I just wanted a physical copy of the album. I already have all the songs, though, so it's almost purely cosmetic. :lol:

On the other hand, the other ten CD's I ordered all got here okay, with the right CD's in their boxes, so I just happened to have bad luck with this one.
i haven't heard toxicity or tonight the stars revolt all the way through, but what i have heard is pretty good for both.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

i haven't heard toxicity or tonight the stars revolt all the way through, but what i have heard is pretty good for both.
I always liked the style behind Tonight the Stars Revolt! - sort of a shame the band's first album was also by far their biggest selling, but it happens.

I spent $20 total on 11 CD's, which was nice. It was the shipping that killed me, alas, on a sidenote.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
I always liked the style behind Tonight the Stars Revolt! - sort of a shame the band's first album was also by far their biggest selling, but it happens.

I spent $20 total on 11 CD's, which was nice. It was the shipping that killed me, alas, on a sidenote.
what were the other 9?
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

what were the other 9?
Ten, technically. System of a Down doesn't count, as I didn't buy it. :D

1. Harper Valley PTA - Jeannie C. Riley *some classic country*
2. Christmas Eve and Other Stories - Trans-Siberian Orchestra *TSO's first album, and a favorite of mine, despite not caring much for Christmas music*
3. The Funeral Sciences - Schoolyard Heroes *Schoolyard Heroes' debut album - great female-fronted horror-movie themed punk from Seattle*
4. The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem *Their second album, perhaps my favorite by the Gaslight Anthem. Title track gets me every time*
5. Deja Entendu - Brand New *While not my favorite band, I rather enjoy more than a few song's from this album, Brand New's second*
6. The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch - Cute Is What We Aim For *An emo pop punk classic from 2006*
7. Digital Ash in a Digital Urn - Bright Eyes *I love Bright Eyes, and while this more electronic album isn't their best, it still have plenty of great songs*
8. Human the Death Dance - Sage Francis *Great songs throughout, a solid third outing from this rapper*
9. Torch This Place - The Atomic Fireballs *New-age swing - "Man With the Hex" has been a favorite of mine for years, so thought I'd get the CD*
10. Terrible Things - Terrible Things *Basically brought this after hearing a song or two from them. It was cheap, and I thought why not?*
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

what were the other 9?

2. Christmas Eve and Other Stories - Trans-Siberian Orchestra *TSO's first album, and a favorite of mine, despite not caring much for Christmas music*
3. The Funeral Sciences - Schoolyard Heroes *Schoolyard Heroes' debut album - great female-fronted horror-movie themed punk from Seattle*
4. The '59 Sound - The Gaslight Anthem *Their second album, perhaps my favorite by the Gaslight Anthem. Title track gets me every time*
5. Deja Entendu - Brand New *While not my favorite band, I rather enjoy more than a few song's from this album, Brand New's second*
6. The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch - Cute Is What We Aim For *An emo pop punk classic from 2006*
7. Digital Ash in a Digital Urn - Bright Eyes *I love Bright Eyes, and while this more electronic album isn't their best, it still have plenty of great songs*
8. Human the Death Dance - Sage Francis *Great songs throughout, a solid third outing from this rapper*
9. Torch This Place - The Atomic Fireballs *New-age swing - "Man With the Hex" has been a favorite of mine for years, so thought I'd get the CD*
10. Terrible Things - Terrible Things *Basically brought this after hearing a song or two from them. It was cheap, and I thought why not?*
schoolyard heroes is pretty good. not familiar with the rest though.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

what were the other 9?

Well, that's a start. *thumbs up*
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote:First mistake in an online order I think I've encountered:

Orders a CD on Amazon (Tonight the Stars Revolt! by Powerman 5000, should anyone be interested). Got the package today. CD box was right, but inside, instead of Tonight the Stars Revolt!, was Toxicity by System of a Down. It might even have come as a welcome surprise, if I hadn't bought Toxicity over ten years ago. :(
Was gonna say you scored a proper boon! Until the last part.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:
zombie wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

what were the other 9?

I'm sure you've heard some of TSO's stuff. Outside of them and PM5 and SOAD, I have heard of none of these.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Havok wrote:Land dispute update. Warrant is out on the guy, called the sheriff, should be arrested sometime today hopefully. Learned out from my mother that the woman he married was in prison 8 years for killing her 8 month old baby. Got out married this guy and got another kid. Also, drug peddlers. Fun times!
Be careful, brotha. These sound like they may be some bad hombres.