October 29th 2017

The daily chat room.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

October 29th 2017

Post by Tiggnutz »

Last day off before October ends :( I love October.
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: October 29th 2017

Post by showa58taro »

Been a good October to be sure.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I just bought the Stranger Things VHS set... If it sucks, I am gonna put cases on all you bitches!
Have you not watched the show yet? 'tis a blind buy?
Correct, I got rid of my netflix streaming awhile ago. I binged the first 4 episodes, it is good sweet love so far.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I just bought the Stranger Things VHS set... If it sucks, I am gonna put cases on all you bitches!
Correct, I got rid of my netflix streaming awhile ago. I binged the first 4 episodes, it is good sweet love so far.
Cool cool
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Sweet.

Strange about losing Netflix though.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Thinking I'm going to finally plunge into one of the more extreme diets after talking to two successful people last night. Gonna try the No Carb one. Still not going to go the Vegan route though.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Netflix really isn't worth it, in my opinion. The only reason I have it is for the television series (The West Wing, Daredevil, The Punisher which will shortly be up) - most of the movies themselves aren't much to talk about, especially in the horror section.

That said, it's cheap, so I'll keep throwing money at them, if for no other reason to annoy Jason. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Thinking I'm going to finally plunge into one of the more extreme diets after talking to two successful people last night. Gonna try the No Carb one. Still not going to go the Vegan route though.
Sounds difficult. I might diet again but I can’t see one of those extremes.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Sweet.

Strange about losing Netflix though.
Streaming, I still get Netflix in the mail. They keep jacking up the streaming prices and I wasn't really utilizing it to justify their rapery.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Thinking I'm going to finally plunge into one of the more extreme diets after talking to two successful people last night. Gonna try the No Carb one. Still not going to go the Vegan route though.
Just keep in mind that carbs=energy, so you'll be pretty fucking tired. It's not the healthiest diet, either. And no diet is worth a damn without a complement of exercise. In the end, it doesn't matter what you eat, you just need to know that there is no way to lose weight without taking in fewer calories than you burn. A guy went on a diet of nothing but twinkies to prove that. He felt like shit, but he lost weight.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Slaughterhouserock wrote:
Just keep in mind that carbs=energy, so you'll be pretty fucking tired. It's not the healthiest diet, either. And no diet is worth a damn without a complement of exercise. In the end, it doesn't matter what you eat, you just need to know that there is no way to lose weight without taking in fewer calories than you burn. A guy went on a diet of nothing but twinkies to prove that. He felt like shit, but he lost weight.
Unfortunately that hasn't been working for me. I know plenty of people do not believe me here, but I am active, and I don't consume that many calories every day. I eat like shit on weekends, but the weekdays is pretty damn strict. So I'm needing to go stricter.

Plus everyone has their own input. This is an avenue I haven't gone down, so I'm going to do it to try.

But here I am, shaved head and beard this weekend and I'm looking like Curly.
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Unfortunately that hasn't been working for me. I know plenty of people do not believe me here, but I am active, and I don't consume that many calories every day. I eat like shit on weekends, but the weekdays is pretty damn strict. So I'm needing to go stricter.

Plus everyone has their own input. This is an avenue I haven't gone down, so I'm going to do it to try.

I don't know what you do/don't do since I've been MIA for ages, but if you say you're active, I believe you. I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't bullshit about that. What exactly do you do? I'm no expert, but I have studied to be a personal trainer(gave up because I can never remember the fucking names of things, plus I hate people), and have been into weight training/fitness for twenty odd years, so maybe I could figure something out. There's alot of misinformation out there as far as what's good for you in exercise. Then again, I might not see shit. Weird genetics could be a thing, too(thyroid issues and whatnot), but that won't make things impossible.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Unfortunately that hasn't been working for me. I know plenty of people do not believe me here, but I am active, and I don't consume that many calories every day. I eat like shit on weekends, but the weekdays is pretty damn strict. So I'm needing to go stricter.

I've done the no carb thing it's miserable at first. You will be surprised how your body reacts to no carbs. Inability to think or process information like being dazed for a week or two. Moody and irritable as fuck. It works once you get past that horrible first stage but it's nearly impossible to maintain. The paleo diet is easier and not nearly as hard to maintain for me.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I'd only say go for a low-carb vs. no carb, but either way, don't get too carried away with it. I've known multiple people to do the Atkins/no carb, and while it does yield weight loss results, most got into the sickly if not skeletal thin category where most thought they lost the weight due to illness. But a lot of those people weren't particularly smart and you're a smart dude, so you should be alright. The goal is happy and healthy, not a size or a weight.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Unfortunately that hasn't been working for me. I know plenty of people do not believe me here, but I am active, and I don't consume that many calories every day. I eat like shit on weekends, but the weekdays is pretty damn strict. So I'm needing to go stricter.

I don't know what you do/don't do since I've been MIA for ages, but if you say you're active, I believe you. I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't bullshit about that. What exactly do you do? I'm no expert, but I have studied to be a personal trainer(gave up because I can never remember the fucking names of things, plus I hate people), and have been into weight training/fitness for twenty odd years, so maybe I could figure something out. There's alot of misinformation out there as far as what's good for you in exercise. Then again, I might not see shit. Weird genetics could be a thing, too(thyroid issues and whatnot), but that won't make things impossible.
I do a very significant amount of walking every day (no car helps with that). I've been averaging about 12-13k steps daily. I also own and use a row machine, it's the only machine I own and can fit in my dinky apartment :P I also still attempt yoga, but it's difficult to maintain right now with my escalated weight. I also have a couple hand weights. For two years I had a gym membership and went regularly (I rotated a lot of machines there, but stayed away from the body builder section that had it's own special room) but I cancelled because I couldn't afford it anymore. Think I've been away from the gym for almost 2 years now?

I did also find out I could have a heart murmur/hole that my mom and sister has. I have not gone to a doctor (would need $$$) but when i read about it, I matched the symptoms to a T better than anything else I tried looking up for issues. So it basically explains why I burn out extremely fast when I do exhausting stuff.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Tiggnutz wrote:

I've done the no carb thing it's miserable at first. You will be surprised how your body reacts to no carbs. Inability to think or process information like being dazed for a week or two. Moody and irritable as fuck. It works once you get past that horrible first stage but it's nearly impossible to maintain. The paleo diet is easier and not nearly as hard to maintain for me.
Yeah these two guys said it would be miserable at first, and described it would do exactly that. One of them hadn't had an issue for years while the other guy was newer, but I have visibly watched weight melt off him over the last 2 years.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:

I'd only say go for a low-carb vs. no carb, but either way, don't get too carried away with it. I've known multiple people to do the Atkins/no carb, and while it does yield weight loss results, most got into the sickly if not skeletal thin category where most thought they lost the weight due to illness. But a lot of those people weren't particularly smart and you're a smart dude, so you should be alright. The goal is happy and healthy, not a size or a weight.
I don't imagine I'll be 100% with it. I'll likely cave every once in a while for a good burger or spaghetti :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood wrote:

I don't imagine I'll be 100% with it. I'll likely cave every once in a while for a good burger or spaghetti :P
My man! I know you and I both like a good spaghetti to go for that shit.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

My man! I know you and I both like a good spaghetti to go for that shit.
All time favorite. And if I don't make it myself, there's only one place I can trust to make a good spaghetti dish. Have you had Vince's Spaghetti? Not sure if they're near your neck of the woods but there's two out by here in Ontario.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Oh yeah, and for Slaughter, I've been a calorie counter for years, keeping track of everything up on MyFitnessPal.com (though I haven't updated in a long time due to...nothing happening) but it always tells me "if you keep eating and exercising like this, you will lose 7 lbs by next month!" and shit like that, lol. I thought that would help but clearly it hasn't.