Escalating Terrorist Events

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Escalating Terrorist Events

Post by Tiggnutz »

British and French intelligence confirm the suspect who blew himself up in Manchester had travelled to Syria and had proven interactions with ISIS. WTF was he doing walking around freely? Why is this a consistent theme in European terrorist attacks? Known people doing this shit. You wanna talk about "Get Woke!"
showa58taro
Administrator

Re: Escalating Terrorist Events

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:British and French intelligence confirm the suspect who blew himself up in Manchester had travelled to Syria and had proven interactions with ISIS. WTF was he doing walking around freely? Why is this a consistent theme in European terrorist attacks? Known people doing this shit. You wanna talk about "Get Woke!"
What would you suggest to resolve it? Ultimately bad people find a way to do bad things. Short of an Orwellian totalitarianism I'm not sure what you can do to stop people.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:British and French intelligence confirm the suspect who blew himself up in Manchester had travelled to Syria and had proven interactions with ISIS. WTF was he doing walking around freely? Why is this a consistent theme in European terrorist attacks? Known people doing this shit. You wanna talk about "Get Woke!"
What would you suggest to resolve it? Ultimately bad people find a way to do bad things. Short of an Orwellian totalitarianism I'm not sure what you can do to stop people.
These seem like more than someone who Googled ISIS a few times these people have serious red flags that demand a response. How many innocent people need to be killed or maimed before you change the way you do things? Saying we will not let terrorism change the way we do things is a dumb fucking thing to say in my opinion. This is as high as stakes go trying to keep people from being killed in mass numbers if you have to do things that make people uncomfortable than do it. It's easier to apologize to someone for wrongfully detaining or accusing them than to tell someone their daughter was just blown to pieces.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
These seem like more than someone who Googled ISIS a few times these people have serious red flags that demand a response. How many innocent people need to be killed or maimed before you change the way you do things? Saying we will not let terrorism change the way we do things is a dumb fucking thing to say in my opinion. This is as high as stakes go trying to keep people from being killed in mass numbers if you have to do things that make people uncomfortable than do it. It's easier to apologize to someone for wrongfully detaining or accusing them than to tell someone their daughter was just blown to pieces.
Are you suggesting nobody is inconvenienced or investigated if they have ties to ISIS? Because they are. And indeed, there is security and border control at airports and at stadiums.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

showa58taro wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Are you suggesting nobody is inconvenienced or investigated if they have ties to ISIS? Because they are. And indeed, there is security and border control at airports and at stadiums.
The status quo is insufficient is my point
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

This is why I'm for extremely vetted immigration practices and do not care who it offends.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:This is why I'm for extremely vetted immigration practices and do not care who it offends.
In the US? Or in Europe?

For a start these wouldn't be swept up. They are often not foreigners in many of these cases.

I'm all for more proactive use of data and webscraping to try and find plots but I'm not interested in racist policies
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I do not see racism as even being a factor here just proactive instead of reactive. I also commented on a united front from all countries and to date that is not happening.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Tiggnutz wrote:I do not see racism as even being a factor here just proactive instead of reactive. I also commented on a united front from all countries and to date that is not happening.
So what are you proposing?
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Whoever changed the header to this category fucked up change it back
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:Whoever changed the header to this category fucked up change it back
It was perfect how it was
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:Whoever changed the header to this category fucked up change it back
It was perfect how it was
Forum rules should not say rethink
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It's not inclusive to say rethink
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

It would be better to say enter at your own risk everyone view's are welcome
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Is this the random forum rules thing?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'd like to just do away with forum rules. The red strip is distracting and makes me feel like something is wrong.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Better, Tigg?

Also, I genuinely wrote them as much as anything because I wanted to make it clear we wouldn't be called upon as moderators, but also and just as importantly, because I found them a bit funny.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I just saw it as restrictive in general not welcoming
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Think in general of all views saying rethink is the opposite of bring your own views
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I say dump all forum rules.