Brownie Points?

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Brownie Points?

Post by Foo »

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/opinions/ ... bottomlist

So, this whole article is a defense of Ansari. I agree based on what is presented that there is no evidence he did anything wrong. However, this passage made me pause:
As a man of color, he has overcome decades of racism to pave a way for leading men of South Asian descent in American entertainment. His accuser may not be giving him the benefit of the doubt as a man who has lifted up women writers and actors with his Netflix show "Master of None."
Foo
Administrator

Re: Brownie Points?

Post by Foo »

It should be noted, the story presented by the anonymous woman is more credible than that of Asia Argento about Harvey Weinstein, as this woman immediately said she was made to feel like a victim, where Argento dated Weinstein for years after, met his mother, accepted ongoing huge gifts, etc.

No Brownie Points?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Foo wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/opinions/ ... bottomlist

So, this whole article is a defense of Ansari. I agree based on what is presented that there is no evidence he did anything wrong. However, this passage made me pause:
As a man of color, he has overcome decades of racism to pave a way for leading men of South Asian descent in American entertainment. His accuser may not be giving him the benefit of the doubt as a man who has lifted up women writers and actors with his Netflix show "Master of None."
I can't comprehend the amount of cuckery in that one quote.

BTW, I absolutely guarantee that I "overcame" more racism in my life than Ansari has or ever will have in his entire life.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jason wrote:
Foo wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/opinions/ ... bottomlist

I can't comprehend the amount of cuckery in that one quote.

BTW, I absolutely guarantee that I "overcame" more racism in my life than Ansari has or ever will have in his entire life.
Considering the dude was the son of a doctor and getting TV roles at the age of 21, the "decades of racism" he overcame might be overstated.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Yeah, that quote is fucked up. And that shit needs to stop from the left. A co worker and buddy of mine got kicked off of Microsoft gaming (I am retarded about gaming shit, so bare with me, lol) because of his response to a black guy. The black guy sent a message saying that my buddy was an inbred corn eating cracker. His response was "whatever cotton picker". Now, my friend is not racist. He was trying to piss off the guy because of what the dude called him. Well, he was suspended for racial insensitivity, but the black guy got a free pass. Not saying that what my friend said shouldn't go unnoticed. He was just dishing shit back.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:Yeah, that quote is fucked up. And that shit needs to stop from the left. A co worker and buddy of mine got kicked off of Microsoft gaming (I am retarded about gaming shit, so bare with me, lol) because of his response to a black guy. The black guy sent a message saying that my buddy was an inbred corn eating cracker. His response was "whatever cotton picker". Now, my friend is not racist. He was trying to piss off the guy because of what the dude called him. Well, he was suspended for racial insensitivity, but the black guy got a free pass. Not saying that what my friend said shouldn't go unnoticed. He was just dishing shit back.
Sadly it’s a case of needing to not be a racist there. That’s a racist comment. You want to not be perceived as a racist, never say racist things.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Your quote is very out Of context there. Context matters
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jmac Attack wrote:Yeah, that quote is fucked up. And that shit needs to stop from the left. A co worker and buddy of mine got kicked off of Microsoft gaming (I am retarded about gaming shit, so bare with me, lol) because of his response to a black guy. The black guy sent a message saying that my buddy was an inbred corn eating cracker. His response was "whatever cotton picker". Now, my friend is not racist. He was trying to piss off the guy because of what the dude called him. Well, he was suspended for racial insensitivity, but the black guy got a free pass. Not saying that what my friend said shouldn't go unnoticed. He was just dishing shit back.
Sadly it’s a case of needing to not be a racist there. That’s a racist comment. You want to not be perceived as a racist, never say racist things.
Hey, dingus. If you comprehend J-Mac's story you will see that the negro instigated racism by calling him an inbred, corn eating cracker. Wakey, wakey.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Hey, dingus. If you comprehend J-Mac's story you will see that the negro instigated racism by calling him an inbred, corn eating cracker. Wakey, wakey.
That doesn’t make what his friend said ok. It makes him look a racist. If someone at my office had said anything so infkamnatory in a public space and it cane to my attention they’d be fired immediately. It’s irrelsvant if someone provoked you into being racist. You’re still captured saying racist shit. He chose that instead of just saying something generic. His own choice.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
That doesn’t make what his friend said ok. It makes him look a racist. If someone at my office had said anything so infkamnatory in a public space and it cane to my attention they’d be fired immediately. It’s irrelsvant if someone provoked you into being racist. You’re still captured saying racist shit. He chose that instead of just saying something generic. His own choice.
Uhh... ... ... ok... Riddle me this: Why does the negro get a free pass for instigating racism but only the cockasian is punished?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Uhh... ... ... ok... Riddle me this: Why does the negro get a free pass for instigating racism but only the cockasian is punished?
I have no clue what happened to the other guy. He’s not germane to the conversation.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

What a sad thread. I wish I hadn't read it.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I have no clue what happened to the other guy. He’s not germane to the conversation.
Not excusing the language my friend used at all. They both should have been suspended, and I even told him that. He agreed. But, here in America, it is ok to call a white person a cracker, inbred, backwoods, corn fed, etc. Not saying that his retaliation was ok at all. Why was the black dude not suspended too? That is what has me fucked up, lol
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Not excusing the language my friend used at all. They both should have been suspended, and I even told him that. He agreed. But, here in America, it is ok to call a white person a cracker, inbred, backwoods, corn fed, etc. Not saying that his retaliation was ok at all. Why was the black dude not suspended too? That is what has me fucked up, lol
The other thing with these situations is the simple fact that your conversation is likely moderate by someone outside of the country, and has limited knowledge of what a racial insult is. so you get selective enforcement.

Too bad everyone is such pussies that a video game escalates to hate talk at all.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jmac Attack wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
If it was up to me they both should be. Neither has come out of this with any dignity or credit.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

It was like pulling teeth to get Seb to not be a total cuck for like a split second.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Jason wrote:It was like pulling teeth to get Seb to not be a total cuck for like a split second.
I don’t follow.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

showa58taro wrote:
Jason wrote:It was like pulling teeth to get Seb to not be a total cuck for like a split second.
I don’t follow.
A liberal never does. :p

You only remarked about how his white friend should've been suspended until J-Mac came back in to reiterate the point.

If it were up to me, neither party would've been even close to suspension. We live in the most pussified version of America in history.
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I don’t follow.

You only remarked about how his white friend should've been suspended until J-Mac came back in to reiterate the point.

If it were up to me, neither party would've been even close to suspension. We live in the most pussified version of America in history.
I agree, just let 'em Duke it out, lol. But if those are the rules, then what the black dude said was 100% as bad as what my buddy said. He felt bad for saying what he said, but he had a knee jerk reaction. Calling someone an inbred because of the color of their skin is no different than what he said.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Jmac Attack wrote:
Jason wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
I don’t follow.

I agree, just let 'em Duke it out, lol. But if those are the rules, then what the black dude said was 100% as bad as what my buddy said. He felt bad for saying what he said, but he had a knee jerk reaction. Calling someone an inbred because of the color of their skin is no different than what he said.
Tell your friend to grow some balls and lay off the video fakes for awhile.