Father of Medical marijuana dies of lung cancer

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Father of Medical marijuana dies of lung cancer

Post by Foo »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/activist-hel ... 44129.html

Fairly young too. No weed smokers were awakened.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: Father of Medical marijuana dies of lung cancer

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/activist-hel ... 44129.html

I no longer smoke but i still consider him a brave champion of healing. If more people would of started listening to him decades ago we might of diverted this opioid shit storm we now find ourselves in.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

And get lung cancer instead. Lol
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote:And get lung cancer instead. Lol
People who never smoked anything die from lung cancer how many people who never tried an opioid overdose because of it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:

I no longer smoke but i still consider him a brave champion of healing. If more people would of started listening to him decades ago we might of diverted this opioid shit storm we now find ourselves in.
I doubt it simply because the opiod crisis has continued heating up as marijuana has become easier to obtain and use. It is a cultural thing. We are in an instant gratification society, and drugs fit it like a glove.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

I doubt it simply because the opiod crisis has continued heating up as marijuana has become easier to obtain and use. It is a cultural thing. We are in an instant gratification society, and drugs fit it like a glove.
If doctors were prescribing cannabis instead of opioids for the last 50 years I have 100% faith that we would be way better off today. Pills are decimating whole towns and cities right now.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

From the same team who brought you "Alcohol and marijuana are equally dangerous", we now present "Marijuana are opioids and equally dangerous". I so love these 1930s time warps. :lol:
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

What a lazy analysis this is. Opioid abuse is consistently shown to decrease in areas with access to medical weed. Doesn't fit your agenda though, so just make things up.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

If doctors were prescribing cannabis instead of opioids for the last 50 years I have 100% faith that we would be way better off today. Pills are decimating whole towns and cities right now.
Imagine if more doctors actually started telling people the truth. That the solution to their problems are not found in a pill, a vape, a joint, or a needle in most of the cases where either marijuana or opiods are prescribed. Drugs in general. pills. booze, and weed are all part of the issue. Escape from reality rather than putting in the effort to change it.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

Imagine if more doctors actually started telling people the truth. That the solution to their problems are not found in a pill, a vape, a joint, or a needle in most of the cases where either marijuana or opiods are prescribed. Drugs in general. pills. booze, and weed are all part of the issue. Escape from reality rather than putting in the effort to change it.
This is a pointless aside devoid of facts and filled to the brim with feelings. Admittedly, it's the only route you could take because you hitched yourself to a losing argument. Go on about the made up linear relationship between weed and pills now...
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Decriminalization in the 1970's
Medical Weed legal in 2000's
Recreational Weed legal in 2012.

Look at the chart and tell me that is progress.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:

This is a pointless aside devoid of facts and filled to the brim with feelings. Admittedly, it's the only route you could take because you hitched yourself to a losing argument. Go on about the made up linear relationship between weed and pills now...
Of course I will lose the argument. I am not in sync with society and I am in the minority who never takes drugs and rarely drinks. Society has reached a wide spread acceptance of all manner of fucked up shit.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Of course I will lose the argument. I am not in sync with society and I am in the minority who never takes drugs and rarely drinks. Society has reached a wide spread acceptance of all manner of fucked up shit.
i don't drink or do drugs either. you can be opposed to the acceptance of drug culture and drug over-use, without going to the opposite extreme.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
i don't drink or do drugs either. you can be opposed to the acceptance of drug culture and drug over-use, without going to the opposite extreme.
Since when is avoiding drugs and drinking only at special occasions considered to be "Extreme"? To me that is an indication of how far we have shifted. Normal use is now extreme and abuse is the new normal.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Since when is avoiding drugs and drinking only at special occasions considered to be "Extreme"? To me that is an indication of how far we have shifted. Normal use is now extreme and abuse is the new normal.
no. you misunderstood. again, i don't drink or do drugs either. the extreme is your argument that everything is trash. no one should ever do any of it at all.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
no. you misunderstood. again, i don't drink or do drugs either. the extreme is your argument that everything is trash. no one should ever do any of it at all.
No one should every take those mood altering drugs. Abilify, Cymbalta, marijuana, etc. all that stuff is trash that replaces good habits with bad ones.

The problem with your argument is everyone thinks they are the special person who needs them, meanwhile massive chunks of the population think that.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
No one should every take those mood altering drugs. Abilify, Cymbalta, marijuana, etc. all that stuff is trash that replaces good habits with bad ones.

The problem with your argument is everyone thinks they are the special person who needs them, meanwhile massive chunks of the population think that.
what about using whatever substance makes a "special person"?

i do think that mood altering drugs do have their place. it can be helpful to certain people. that doesn't make them special for using that drug. i don't know where that is coming from.

i also agree that there is a severe over-use and over prescribing going on in our society. there needs to be a solution to that. both with the people taking the pills and with the people prescribing and selling the pills.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:Image

That is not a big sample size.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

what about using whatever substance makes a "special person"?

i do think that mood altering drugs do have their place. it can be helpful to certain people. that doesn't make them special for using that drug. i don't know where that is coming from.

i also agree that there is a severe over-use and over prescribing going on in our society. there needs to be a solution to that. both with the people taking the pills and with the people prescribing and selling the pills.
Every user and abuser thinks they need it. No one needs it.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:Image

That is not a big sample size.
It is not a poll.