Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

Post by Foo »

So I am browsing the internet and come across this blog post: "Veteran faces life in prison for marijuana used to treat his PTSD". The following link is shared:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vetera ... -cannabis/

Dozens of people then start posting about tyranny, big pharma, lack of education about marijuana, etc. People are outraged someone could be put in jail just for growing their medicine!

Do I search some more and this case is all over the Internet, usually with little details beyond the marijuana, ptsd, and life in prison. Well, eventually I found more to the story:

http://www.kswo.com/story/35526814/mari ... d-pot-bust

So, the pot was part of the problem, but the bigger problems were that he was trying to murder his wife with a knife in front of the children. When she got away and called the police, he refused to surrender and barricaded himself in the house. Then, while out awaiting his court date, he "forgot" to show up (you know, because attempted murder is easy to forget).

Hey, who needs details when we can get stoned, right?
zombie
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by zombie »

you don't find that running with a story, when you don't maybe have all of the info, is a problem in general? even among journalists and presidents sometimes? i think it's dishonest to say that this is all just because they want to save their weed. it's a problem on a larger scale than that. but you're right that people should look beyond a single story, or even a single side regarding a story.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:you don't find that running with a story, when you don't maybe have all of the info, is a problem in general? even among journalists and presidents sometimes? i think it's dishonest to say that this is all just because they want to save their weed. it's a problem on a larger scale than that. but you're right that people should look beyond a single story, or even a single side regarding a story.
Run the guy's name and you will see dozens of stories that claim a person is being sent to prison over 1 ounce of weed to treat his illness. Petitions, outrage, etc.

I saw quite a few totally outraged over a "harmless" and "victimless" crime where no one got hurt. He was trying to murder his wife with a knife...

The marijuana propaganda is nonstop. Delusional people brainwashed by the power of the drug. They can stop at any time, so they say, but damn if they won't lie, cheat, and steal to get their hands on it.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so you're out to condemn everyone who uses pot, as a murderer, thief, or some sort of asshole, then? that's up to you, but i think that is as much just running with one story, or one narrative, as those guys are doing. only you're doing it as a way to take away weed, and they're doing it to save their weed. either way, it looks to be out of bias.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Those damn dope smokers and hooch peddlers!!! *shakes fist*
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

No one on weed has ever been violent! It just makes me mellow bro!

*presumably not said by someone cornered by a high man with a knife*
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:so you're out to condemn everyone who uses pot, as a murderer, thief, or some sort of asshole, then? that's up to you, but i think that is as much just running with one story, or one narrative, as those guys are doing. only you're doing it as a way to take away weed, and they're doing it to save their weed. either way, it looks to be out of bias.
I think it is a waste of life and should not be promoted. The last few years it has been promoted as being consequence free, which is dangerous and irresponsible.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

you have an agenda against drug use in all forms, and you're seeking out justification for that agenda.

are there assholes that use weed? absolutely. if this was about an asshole who was inspired to kill someone after watching a movie, would you blame the movie? if this was about gun violence, would you blame the gun? blame the asshole for being an asshole, not for some substance or media source or whatever. the focus should be on getting the asshole put away, not to cast blame on to everyone who happens to use pot.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:you have an agenda against drug use in all forms, and you're seeking out justification for that agenda.

are there assholes that use weed? absolutely. if this was about an asshole who was inspired to kill someone after watching a movie, would you blame the movie? if this was about gun violence, would you blame the gun? blame the asshole for being an asshole, not for some substance or media source or whatever. the focus should be on getting the asshole put away, not to cast blame on to everyone who happens to use pot.

Pot has one use, which is to alter the mental state of the user. Sorry if I hate seeing it ruin lives. Mood altering substances, legal or illegal prevent people from learning how to cope.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Nothing is more selfish than promoting the destruction of families and lives, because that person wants to get high.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:you have an agenda against drug use in all forms, and you're seeking out justification for that agenda.

Pot has one use, which is to alter the mental state of the user. Sorry if I hate seeing it ruin lives. Mood altering substances, legal or illegal prevent people from learning how to cope.
you don't see any problem with casting blame, as if everyone who uses pot is going to threaten someone's life with a knife or whatever, like you started this thread with?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:Nothing is more selfish than promoting the destruction of families and lives, because that person wants to get high.
and that is not what i'm doing.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

you don't see any problem with casting blame, as if everyone who uses pot is going to threaten someone's life with a knife or whatever, like you started this thread with?
Actually, I started this thread off by pointing out how people were flat out lying to try to get weed.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Actually, I started this thread off by pointing out how people were flat out lying to try to get weed.
some people were lying. some were ignorant and ran with a narrative before knowing everything. i tried to point out that a part of it could have been that people needed to look deeper, that they didn't do that. and it's not just limited to drug users either. donald trump has even ran with stories, without knowing all the details of a situation.

but then you tried to counter with what seemed to be accusing all pot smokers as the same as that fuckass who threatened his wife with a knife. let's continue the discussion without casting blame to everyone.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Yes, it's about time we addressed the rampant violence in the stoner community. You wish those losers would turn to a less harmful, mellow substance like alcohol.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
some people were lying. some were ignorant and ran with a narrative before knowing everything. i tried to point out that a part of it could have been that people needed to look deeper, that they didn't do that. and it's not just limited to drug users either. donald trump has even ran with stories, without knowing all the details of a situation.

but then you tried to counter with what seemed to be accusing all pot smokers as the same as that fuckass who threatened his wife with a knife. let's continue the discussion without casting blame to everyone.
Google the guy's name. Tell me how many articles portray him as a victim of the system versus the number that point out he was behaving like a violent psychopath and then upon being released ignored his court date.

Dozens and dozens of articles stating how he faces life in prison for a small amount of weed, and thousands of comments to that effect. Lies to get drugs.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Yes, it's about time we addressed the rampant violence in the stoner community. You wish those losers would turn to a less harmful, mellow substance like alcohol.
How about we get away from the idea that answers to life's problems are found in a joint, bottle, or pill? I do not support alcohol abuse either, but at least there are not a million sheeple lying about how safe it is.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Google the guy's name. Tell me how many articles portray him as a victim of the system versus the number that point out he was behaving like a violent psychopath and then upon being released ignored his court date.

Dozens and dozens of articles stating how he faces life in prison for a small amount of weed, and thousands of comments to that effect. Lies to get drugs.
the actions of that guy should not be excused. people should not try to excuse his actions, because it involved weed. and you should not blame everyone who uses the substance, because it was involved with some fuckass and his actions. it's the guy and his actions that should be to blame. put him away for attacking his wife, not because he used pot.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Yes, it's about time we addressed the rampant violence in the stoner community. You wish those losers would turn to a less harmful, mellow substance like alcohol.
How about we get away from the idea that answers to life's problems are found in a joint, bottle, or pill? I do not support alcohol abuse either, but at least there are not a million sheeple lying about how safe it is.
you are trying to push a false narrative. i get being opposed to drug abuse, but do it honestly. otherwise, you are just doing the same as the people you are trying to call out, from the other side.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

the actions of that guy should not be excused. people should not try to excuse his actions, because it involved weed. and you should not blame everyone who uses the substance, because it was involved with some fuckass and his actions. it's the guy and his actions that should be to blame. put him away for attacking his wife, not because he used pot.
How many articles were about his actions, versus trying to make his pot use seem acceptable?