Administrator

Re: June 1st 2017

Post by showa58taro »

June, that's just insane.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

i'm in the process of uploading Natural Born Zombie Killers onto youtube and I plan on posting the video up for those who are interested.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:what's going on, tigg?
My Suspiria and Ginger Snaps Blu-rays were waiting for me when I got home today that was cool.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:what's going on, tigg?
My Suspiria and Ginger Snaps Blu-rays were waiting for me when I got home today that was cool.
both great horror flicks.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

1st of June, the day the US decided to say "Fuck you" to all the future generations. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

what is that about? :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

angelina jolie is in talks to be the new bride of frankenstein... that feels so uninspired to me, as far as casting goes. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Havok wrote:i'm in the process of uploading Natural Born Zombie Killers onto youtube and I plan on posting the video up for those who are interested.
Ah yeah
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:what is that about? :P
We're not gonna tree hug with the rest of the hippies.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

zombie wrote:angelina jolie is in talks to be the new bride of frankenstein... that feels so uninspired to me, as far as casting goes. :P
Hasn't that been talked about for almost a year now? Who would you want to see portray the bride instead?

I know main thing being discussed is that The Rock might end up being in The Wolfman film, but it's not sure if he'll be the Wolfman, Van Helsing or another character.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

The Paris Agreement thing.

Although it was so expected that I frankly don't even consider it interesting. I'm all for it as it should hopefully make his 4 years less meaningful.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Victory for the environment. :)
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:
zombie wrote:angelina jolie is in talks to be the new bride of frankenstein... that feels so uninspired to me, as far as casting goes. :P
Hasn't that been talked about for almost a year now? Who would you want to see portray the bride instead?

I know main thing being discussed is that The Rock might end up being in The Wolfman film, but it's not sure if he'll be the Wolfman, Van Helsing or another character.
they got a director, only a few months ago. i don't think this is something that was already decided. i just heard about the casting today, as well as the rock. i would rather someone that seemed more interesting. i mean angelina jolie has played characters so close to that already. it's like meh. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
You really think so?
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
You really think so?
genuinely, yes.

Motivation for every other nation just went up massively. China has stepped into a massive vacuum filled by the sudden cowardice of the US, and that will be a massive boost, and they will be driving a massive upgrade towards renewable energies as they now both have the advantage politically to be the leader and center-piece, and their technological advances will give them a competitive advantage over the US. The US can't cut corners and still trade with the world, and the world can now effectively deal directly with California and New York who continue to be powerhouse import economies with stricter regulations than US law dictates. So there's no downside here for the world, they just got given a massive boost to take the reigns from a reluctant and recalcitrant Trump presidency and shape this policy. Equally, the overwhelming consensus is that every government has redoubled their efforts now, for economic gain as much as for environmental gain.

Even better, the US gave up its seat at the table, despite the fact that it was going to be doing nothing to meet its commitments. Now there's no requirement to deal with that directly, the US can just sit on the outside looking in. Just like Brexit and the UK standing in Europe, the one who leaves feels the isolation, the ones that remain well tend to be just fine.

Paris is a particularly good accord for that reason as well, as it promotes peer-review and mechanisms but has no binding laws or regulations, so having commited members is the best way forward. There's a massive revenue opportunity for some nations to develop the monitoring and reporting tools now required, which is a multi-billion dollar industry in its own right that will now go to someone other than the US.

Meanwhile, the US can sit at the kids table with the other 2 countries who didn't ratify Paris. Honduras and Syria. Have fun. :)
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I think a willing US would have been a massive benefit to Paris and the world. But a reluctant US sitting there trying to not be part whilst still being "in" by name only is worse than leaving. Given that Trump was always going to say fuck you to the environment as evidenced by the first regulations he cut basically allowing polluters to fuck up rivers and air, and pushing for coal industry to get themselves back, he was always going to be useless at the table.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Fun fact: Coal only has about 160,000 jobs and is constantly shrinking due to it being non-competitive and expensive compared to natural gas. Renewables adds more jobs and is growing faster, with a greater upside. There are currently 373,000 employed in Solar compared to the 160k in Coal. Trump is backing a dying horse that had no hope anyway.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
You really think so?
genuinely, yes.

Motivation for every other nation just went up massively. China has stepped into a massive vacuum filled by the sudden cowardice of the US, and that will be a massive boost, and they will be driving a massive upgrade towards renewable energies as they now both have the advantage politically to be the leader and center-piece, and their technological advances will give them a competitive advantage over the US. The US can't cut corners and still trade with the world, and the world can now effectively deal directly with California and New York who continue to be powerhouse import economies with stricter regulations than US law dictates. So there's no downside here for the world, they just got given a massive boost to take the reigns from a reluctant and recalcitrant Trump presidency and shape this policy. Equally, the overwhelming consensus is that every government has redoubled their efforts now, for economic gain as much as for environmental gain.

Even better, the US gave up its seat at the table, despite the fact that it was going to be doing nothing to meet its commitments. Now there's no requirement to deal with that directly, the US can just sit on the outside looking in. Just like Brexit and the UK standing in Europe, the one who leaves feels the isolation, the ones that remain well tend to be just fine.

Paris is a particularly good accord for that reason as well, as it promotes peer-review and mechanisms but has no binding laws or regulations, so having commited members is the best way forward. There's a massive revenue opportunity for some nations to develop the monitoring and reporting tools now required, which is a multi-billion dollar industry in its own right that will now go to someone other than the US.

Meanwhile, the US can sit at the kids table with the other 2 countries who didn't ratify Paris. Honduras and Syria. Have fun. :)
I thought it was Nicaragua and Syria, but whatevs, all those guy know how to party!