2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Yeah the character decisions in this second half are just annoying me. Gah, I still have 47 minutes of this.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tried to warn everybody. I went into that movie thinking it was gonna be good. Lol
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

were last house on the left and the hills have eyes not widely screened in the 70s? curious how he got the gig for a tv movie? :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:31 pm Tried to warn everybody. I went into that movie thinking it was gonna be good. Lol
There's makings of something that could be good here, but it's been squandered lol.

Nah, I didn't want Tigg to be on his own sitting through this, and like Exorcist: Believer, I had to see if the anti-hype was worth it.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:33 pm were last house on the left and the hills have eyes not widely screened in the 70s? curious how he got the gig for a tv movie? :P
Desperate for money, most likely, and to build a resume. Studios probably weren't willing to hire someone who did Last House for moral reasons (I'm assuming).
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:36 pm
zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:33 pm were last house on the left and the hills have eyes not widely screened in the 70s? curious how he got the gig for a tv movie? :P
Desperate for money, most likely, and to build a resume. Studios probably weren't willing to hire someone who did Last House for moral reasons (I'm assuming).
i guess that tracks. it's good that he turned around their total misgivings. i wouldn't want to live in a world without a nightmare on elm street. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:35 pm
Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:31 pm Tried to warn everybody. I went into that movie thinking it was gonna be good. Lol
There's makings of something that could be good here, but it's been squandered lol.

Nah, I didn't want Tigg to be on his own sitting through this, and like Exorcist: Believer, I had to see if the anti-hype was worth it.
I felt the same way that the idea for a good movie was there but it's so pompous that it never bothers to do anything
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:40 pm
i guess that tracks. it's good that he turned around their total misgivings. i wouldn't want to live in a world without a nightmare on elm street. :P
Yeah, I'm glad he found New Line (though that partnership wouldn't glow for him lol). New Line was good at taking risks. I have them to thank for NOES and LOTR.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

also wouldn't be the last time linda blair worked with craven, so that's a plus too.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:43 pm also wouldn't be the last time linda blair worked with craven, so that's a plus too.
HOW DOES IT FEEL!?!?!?!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:43 pm
zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:40 pm
Yeah, I'm glad he found New Line (though that partnership wouldn't glow for him lol). New Line was good at taking risks. I have them to thank for NOES and LOTR.
i need to revisit those movies. but not today. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:34 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:30 pm I was considering TV movie Summer of Fear with Linda Blair. Anyone seen it? It's Wes Craven I think
i don't think i've seen that. it's a hole in my wes craven views. i don't think i've seen deadly blessing either.
Scariest thing in Deadly Blessing was the tarantulas. Fuckers popped up like three times.

There was an actual scene where a woman sees a tarantula crawling above her bed. She jumps a little, but goes back sleep. Not only would I be nowhere near that room, but I may very well leave the house. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

is that fran drescher? hmmm.. so it is. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:45 pm
zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:34 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:30 pm I was considering TV movie Summer of Fear with Linda Blair. Anyone seen it? It's Wes Craven I think
i don't think i've seen that. it's a hole in my wes craven views. i don't think i've seen deadly blessing either.
Scariest thing in Deadly Blessing was the tarantulas. Fuckers popped up like three times.

There was an actual scene where a woman sees a tarantula crawling above her bed. She jumps a little, but goes back sleep. Not only would I be nowhere near that room, but I may very well leave the house. :P
craven liked to tell a story about sharon stone insisting that the spiders be de-fanged, even after being told they couldn't eat if that was done. :P
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I still don't understand how this little shit has this much power over the family to not get the cops involved. I know "it's a horror movie it's a horror movie" but you know what? Still worked for Cape Fear! This is a needless climax that had plenty of options to choose from before this point (not like The Mist where they felt like they had no other choice by that point - given if the audience understood they were out for a long time, that's just a tragic ending). This is a just a stupid fucking ending.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Martin is in the running for Worst Villain.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Let's pallet cleanse with some Hellraiser
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so she's in another bed with her face messed up. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Wanted one more new watch before bed so I picked Brahms: The Boy II. Only reason I can give is I'm tired of scrolling through movies. Don't remember hating the first film