2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:32 pm what was the other movie in your charles band three pack? i want you to watch a worse movie than dead hate the living! :P
Prison of the Dead. But I have other three packs. One with Killer Eye and some others.

The Dead Hate the Living! was still enjoyable. It's bad but it knows its bad and has redeeming qualities. I've enjoyed every single movie this challenge and that movie far exceeded expectations. Talk to Me is not far above it. Lol
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:38 pm
zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:32 pm what was the other movie in your charles band three pack? i want you to watch a worse movie than dead hate the living! :P
Prison of the Dead. But I have other three packs. One with Killer Eye and some others.

The Dead Hate the Living! was still enjoyable. It's bad but it knows its bad and has redeeming qualities. I've enjoyed every single movie this challenge and that movie far exceeded expectations. Talk to Me is not far above it. Lol
well update it then. i don't see talk to me included. glad you're enjoying everything though, despite my spitefulness. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Think I'm going to go through all the Screams this Challenge. Last time I did The Scream franchise was the old site
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:41 pm

well update it then. i don't see talk to me included. glad you're enjoying everything though, despite my spitefulness. :P
I will when I get home. The table chart is kind of difficult to manipulate as far as coding and the mobile version fucks with the look of the table since I implement star images inside it. I'm considering taking a screenshot on my laptop every time I update it and then just drop the image and paste the list as an image with every update. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I love the house in Salem's Lot. How it's on the hill and one side is on the edge of the road. Always thought it looked really cool
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This is how I intended it to look. I'm updating the table separately and just logging in every movie I see. Substance is in this one twice though since I'm literally logging every movie in order.

Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

We almost have as many posts this year than the 2 previous years combined
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:55 pm We almost have as many posts this year than the 2 previous years combined
Part of that is me spamming play by plays of my viewings. Lol
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:05 pm
Tiggnutz wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:55 pm We almost have as many posts this year than the 2 previous years combined
Part of that is me spamming play by plays of my viewings. Lol
It all counts
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

A- for Salem's Lot and now for Scream
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I have a feeling this Clown Cafe jingle is going to be stuck in my head for a while.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I love how right before he set the banjo lady on fire, her outfit, legs and arms all became "thick". :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:54 pm

This is how I intended it to look. I'm updating the table separately and just logging in every movie I see. Substance is in this one twice though since I'm literally logging every movie in order.
that table looked pretty good. basket case and dolls both with top scores will satisfy for now. :P
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Dolls deserves it. Still holds up!
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i'm gonna try for a nicolas cage horror sandwich. color out of space, longlegs and mandy. the last one may have to wait til tomorrow. but it will look right on the tally. :P
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:48 pm i'm gonna try for a nicolas cage horror sandwich. color out of space, longlegs and mandy. the last one may have to wait til tomorrow. but it will look right on the tally. :P
Sounds fun! Throw Arcadian in!
I haven't seen Color Out of Space or Long legs yet.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:41 pm
Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:54 pm

that table looked pretty good. basket case and dolls both with top scores will satisfy for now. :P
Basket Case, Salem's Lot and Dolls are the three top movies so far, but I've seen them all already so they don't get a special prize for favorite viewing or anything. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

color out of space may or may not be the best lovecraft adaptation outside of stuart gordon's work.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Time for IT!
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

I really like Cage but I feel like it's a damn roll of the dice with him.