Are You Afraid Of The Boogeyman's Breakfast Club? #1: Maximum Overdrive and Duel: Trucks Gone Wild Edition!

Where we all gather to watch a film together
zombie
Administrator

Re: Are You Afraid Of The Boogeyman's Breakfast Club? #1: Maximum Overdrive and Duel: Trucks Gone Wild Edition!

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:26 am
zombie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:25 am what was the runtime with the one you guys watched?
89 and change.
okay, cool. that's what i have too. the original tv version is shorter.
zombie
Administrator

Re: Are You Afraid Of The Boogeyman's Breakfast Club? #1: Maximum Overdrive and Duel: Trucks Gone Wild Edition!

Post by zombie »

"let's see you catch me now." :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

collision, crash, and credits. cool movie.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:03 am What model is that truck, Jason?
Peterbilt. I thought another truck came in later in the movie so I said I would get back to you.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:25 am what was the runtime with the one you guys watched?
Back of my 4k/bluray said 90 minutes. It was 1:29:18 I believe total
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I think I'm going 7.8 on Duel. Preferred the overall fun of Maximum Overdrive but the suspense of Duel was cool.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Truth be told, our man Dennis deserved to get ganked.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 12:21 pm Truth be told, our man Dennis deserved to get ganked.
He had some moments of 80s teen stupidity, but overall forgivable imo. And yeah, terrific shot of the truck crash in the end and then the wheel spinning. This is a big part of the reason why I don't have the same love for modern movies, anymore. You don't get cool shots like this without it being created by a computer or heavily edited digitally so it looks like you're watching a cartoon. We don't see in 4k, so these older movies have a far more realistic tone to them.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:28 am My lord in heaven this movie is loaded with ACDC. Lol
lol, well they did score the movie hahaha.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:53 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:28 am My lord in heaven this movie is loaded with ACDC. Lol
I either never knew or just completely forgot. Pleasant surprise. Fitting music for the content. Very good movie.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:54 pm
I either never knew or just completely forgot. Pleasant surprise. Fitting music for the content. Very good movie.
This was the movie that introduced me to ACDC growing up, a huge reason Hells Bells is one of my all time favorite songs.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:56 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:54 pm
This was the movie that introduced me to ACDC growing up, a huge reason Hells Bells is one of my all time favorite songs.
I loved when that dropped. Hells Bells has probably always been my favorite ACDC song. That song is just too heavy. Amazing intro to Brian Johnson
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

My halloween party costume consists of a beige work-shirt, with an embroidered Dixie Boy Truck Stop logo on the left chest (embroidered at work), and I borrowed an unusable tire from the Les Schwab nearby to smother it with dark red screen-printing ink, and used it like a stamp to roll over the shirt a couple times, then cured the ink. It's now reusable for conventions.

Then I added to it by getting a Who Made Who World Tour t-shirt to wear underneath. I'm probably going to smear some powdered sugar in my stache and nose area to represent that peak Cocaine King-ness.