2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:26 am Waking up to Gargoyles, another fave TV movie from back in the day.
That scared me when I was little :sick:
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:22 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:19 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:34 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:54 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:58 am Really sad assortment of films to see in theaters this October. I say this every year.
Least you had Terrifier 3
I'm saying First Omen could of been released in October there wouldn't have been much competition and I think it makes more money. I should have a new horror film every weekend in October
Agreed. But I can see the new business model some have, like Beetlejuice was smart. They released and cleaned up in theaters in September, now released to rent/buy on streaming for Halloween.
Buying on streaming is glorified renting. :)
It actually is. I have to say, I thought if you bought the movie, you could download it to your computer and do what you want with it, rip it to disc or flash drive etc. Guess they fuck you out of that too unless you're a hacker. It does have to be played in certain apps in certain ways or some such shit. Yet another reason I'll just keep sailing the open seas here, argh!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:28 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 7:58 am Really sad assortment of films to see in theaters this October. I say this every year.
I'm saying First Omen could of been released in October there wouldn't have been much competition and I think it makes more money. I should have a new horror film every weekend in October
Agreed. But I can see the new business model some have, like Beetlejuice was smart. They released and cleaned up in theaters in September, now released to rent/buy on streaming for Halloween.
It actually is. I have to say, I thought if you bought the movie, you could download it to your computer and do what you want with it, rip it to disc or flash drive etc. Guess they fuck you out of that too unless you're a hacker. It does have to be played in certain apps in certain ways or some such shit. Yet another reason I'll just keep sailing the open seas here, argh!
How do digital codes work? It's the same thing right? You download the code onto a library that you really don't have control over and aren't able to download it freely?

I've given hundreds upon hundreds away.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:31 am
How do digital codes work? It's the same thing right? You download the code onto a library that you really don't have control over and aren't able to download it freely?

Never used em myself either, always pop in the DVD. Although I might use codes now, as most new computers no longer have Disc Drives, my new one is SSD and has USB shit only, main thing I didn't like.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

yeah, you put it onto a digital library of other movies you might have that way. if you don't like buying digital, you won't like digital codes any better.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i dread watching it's a wonderful knife. but i have to cause katharine isabelle. :P i'm sure i'll hate it, but here goes anyway.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Scream Factory sale on Amazon. List here...

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=156761970 ... 9uGIYpQAAA
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:38 am

yeah, you put it onto a digital library of other movies you might have that way. if you don't like buying digital, you won't like digital codes any better.
If you have already bought the physical media than why not use the code it came with as another way to access it. I will no longer buy digital movies but I will utilize the code I get when I buy physical media
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I give my digitals away like candy. Lol. MX was the recipient of a lot of great shit. He got the entire Bond Franchise and the complete series of Supernatural for example.

I asked in the chat years back who wanted them and he was the only one to respond.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

That's how it used to be. Then they found out doing that makes it really easy to pirate. So yeah, I don't bother buying in the app anymore either ever since finding out they make them in-app only now.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:43 am i dread watching it's a wonderful knife. but i have to cause katharine isabelle. :P i'm sure i'll hate it, but here goes anyway.
Also Justin Long, so you're looking at a movie that's at least an 8/10. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:54 am
zombie wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:43 am i dread watching it's a wonderful knife. but i have to cause katharine isabelle. :P i'm sure i'll hate it, but here goes anyway.
cigarette smoking man is justin long's dad. that's worth another half point, right? :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

zombie wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:00 am
Jigsaw wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:54 am
cigarette smoking man is justin long's dad. that's worth another half point, right? :P
or not dad apparently. but he's in it anyway. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:17 am New watch Oddity
Slow burn with a nice ending.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

gruesome kills. so if nothing else, it will have that and ginger fitzgerald going for it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Alien is an even slower burn than I remember.

Great imagery and effects though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Going to do V/H/S/2 for a new watch
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:44 am Scream Factory sale on Amazon. List here...

Definitely got a couple steals there.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:22 am
Jason wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:44 am Scream Factory sale on Amazon. List here...

Definitely got a couple steals there.
That list reminded me I've never seen that version of The Shining that I can remember
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Reign in Blood wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:36 am Never used em myself either, always pop in the DVD. Although I might use codes now, as most new computers no longer have Disc Drives, my new one is SSD and has USB shit only, main thing I didn't like.
Reason #57 to not by prebuilt pc's. You could put a drive in, but it's more of a pain since it's a prebuilt.