2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by Jason »

Not even two minutes in and there's the nudity. Lol
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:12 pm Years back I bought the Scream Factory steelbooks of Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World despite having not seen them. Watched Galaxy of Terror a few days ago and it was a pleasant surprise despite bad reviews. Apparently Forbidden World is better (kinda doubt it) so I'll be watching that now.
I think Forbidden World is a legit solid movie. Galaxy of Terror is fun, but the plot just doesn't do the story justice. I prefer FW, so hope you have a decent time with it.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Gotta admire both the intelligence and stupidity of the world's scientists (both in film and in real life).

"Hey guys, let's create a virus that has 100% lethality to the entire human race and hope it doesn't leak by accident".

The sad thing is, I'm not exactly referencing the film.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:58 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:12 pm Years back I bought the Scream Factory steelbooks of Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World despite having not seen them. Watched Galaxy of Terror a few days ago and it was a pleasant surprise despite bad reviews. Apparently Forbidden World is better (kinda doubt it) so I'll be watching that now.
I think Forbidden World is a legit solid movie. Galaxy of Terror is fun, but the plot just doesn't do the story justice. I prefer FW, so hope you have a decent time with it.
It already has a more fun feel to it, so I can definitely understand the argument for either side so far. I just didn't expect much from either movie and they're both surpassing expectations.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Almost all my viewings this challenge are bluray and the transfer quality from the DVD is totally astonishing. 4k really isn't even necessary to he honest.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:59 pm
It already has a more fun feel to it, so I can definitely understand the argument for either side so far. I just didn't expect much from either movie and they're both surpassing expectations.
Paying tribute to Roger Corman. I did by accident, forgot he played a studio executive in Scream 3
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:02 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:59 pm
Paying tribute to Roger Corman. I did by accident, forgot he played a studio executive in Scream 3
The chicks are smokin in this one.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

starting city of the dead and then to probably follow it up with the fall of the house of usher.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

New watch The Dark Half
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Man, both Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World are quite good. I gotta bring down the rating for Galaxy of Terror before I can properly rate Forbidden World. My pleasant surprise of enjoying Galaxy of Terror made me jump the gun on a higher rating than it deserved. At this moment I'm not sure which one I like better yet.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Only a few minutes left. I think I might lean toward Forbidden World over Galaxy of Terror. Wasnt expecting both these movies to be very good, but they both are.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:27 pm New watch The Dark Half
Man one day I'm going to have me one of them fancy double ovens and a kitchen island
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:56 pm
Man one day I'm going to have me one of them fancy double ovens and a kitchen island
I'm not a gear head so I can't identify that black car but that thing was noice
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:13 pm
Also I recognize some of these names from other King novels
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:13 pm
Oldsmobile Toronado
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:51 pm Only a few minutes left. I think I might lean toward Forbidden World over Galaxy of Terror. Wasnt expecting both these movies to be very good, but they both are.
Pleased that you were able to catch to 80's movies worth seeing. Makes seeing a ton of not-so-great films worth it if you can find a few rubies. :P
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I have to admit, much of The Evil in Us (2016) was generic af, as the kids say, but that finale did boost it up a bit. Perhaps a somewhat expected twist, but still enjoyed it.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Onto Dementia 13. New watch. Movie is only 69 minutes long. Crazy.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:56 pm
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:51 pm Only a few minutes left. I think I might lean toward Forbidden World over Galaxy of Terror. Wasnt expecting both these movies to be very good, but they both are.
Pleased that you were able to catch to 80's movies worth seeing. Makes seeing a ton of not-so-great films worth it if you can find a few rubies. :P
If I think a movie is gonna be absolute and total shit I'll probably just never watch it. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Elvis?