What Are You Reading

You can talk about anything here
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Re: What Are You Reading

Post by Jigsaw »

Finished The Stand. Second time reading it.

Still not as good as It or Duma Key, not to mention Needful Things, but a decently solid, if over-long, read.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Jigsaw wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:14 pm Finished The Stand. Second time reading it.

Still not as good as It or Duma Key, not to mention Needful Things, but a decently solid, if over-long, read.
Best audiobook ever...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMgQ3XcmxI
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

I still haven't even finished Duma Key. One of the few King books I've put down.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Started the Watchmen graphic novel. Something I've always wanted to read but never did. Over 300 pages
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

About halfway through James Kaplan’s two book bio on Frank Sinatra. Marty needs to make that movie.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The guy I bought my house from is Frank's cousin's grandson. He's younger than me, so was only alive a few years before Frank died, but probably has a shit load of stories passed down to him. He tried getting me to take up golf with him, and now that I quit the blue collar life and am mostly studying I could probably take him up on that. Expensive hobby, though.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I did both Shogun audiobooks by James Clavell. It's 2 parts. Fantastic story and a fantastic writer. Feudal Japan is so fascinating, I highly recommend these books.
NightOfTheLiving_Sam

Post by NightOfTheLiving_Sam »

Right now I'm reading Survive The Night by Riley Sager. I'm really enjoying it so far. The book takes place during the 90's. It sort of reminds me of those Fear Street books I used to read as a kid but I'm liking it a lot regardless. I'm planning on reading more horror books in the future.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

After knocking out some comics I've been wanting to read like Watchmen and Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear I'm back to Stephen King with Different Seasons
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:37 am After knocking out some comics I've been wanting to read like Watchmen and Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear I'm back to Stephen King with Different Seasons
Really enjoying Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption it's a great short story
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

The second story in Stephen King's Different Seasons is called Apt Pupil. I went in totally blind and I'm really enjoying it so far. Real twisted shit. Glad I knew nothing about this story and also glad I have a long way to go in it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:06 am The second story in Stephen King's Different Seasons is called Apt Pupil. I went in totally blind and I'm really enjoying it so far. Real twisted shit. Glad I knew nothing about this story and also glad I have a long way to go in it.
There's a friggin movie with the almighty Gandalf, you been living under a rock?!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:25 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:06 am The second story in Stephen King's Different Seasons is called Apt Pupil. I went in totally blind and I'm really enjoying it so far. Real twisted shit. Glad I knew nothing about this story and also glad I have a long way to go in it.
There's a friggin movie with the almighty Gandalf, you been living under a rock?!
Never watched it or thought about watching it but I will be seeking that bad boy out after this
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Apt Pupil it's one of King's best and now I'm on to The Body. I've wanted to read this since I first watched Stand By Me
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Starting The Dark Tower VII audiobook.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished Different Seasons this morning and can't praise it high enough. 4 absolute banger stories
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

After I read Marvel Secret Wars I will be starting Nightmares & Dreamscapes
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Finished The Dark Tower book VII. Mixed feelings about this series The highs are really high and the lows are really low. No one book is awesome but as a whole It's pretty good. King has trouble with endings and the finale of this series is on par with this trend but also like his best stuff I became emotionally attached to the characters. Started Wind Through the Key Hole because I want more of the characters especially my favorite character Oy.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

I started Robert Caro’s “The Power Broker”. I can see why it is so revered. Still 1000+ pages to go…..
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

So far The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole is kicking ass but I'm not that far in. If it stays like this it's top 2 in the series for me