HMF 20th Anniversary

You can talk about anything here
Lazerus
Charter Member

HMF 20th Anniversary

Post by Lazerus »

It's still crazy how we're approaching this huge milestone!
After our discussion on this in the daily chat yesterday I felt it was time to create a tread where we could all pitch ideas for how we can celebrate this milestone. November 8, 2024 is the day! And that's a Friday this year!

Zombie had an idea for a group watch of Freddy vs. Jason. I like it but would also like to hear ideas from others, if they have them. :D

I'd also like to hear how everyone found HMF.

For me I found it through a link Darren had in his siggy on IMDB fvj board. I was aware of the site before then but never made the jump until that day. It was March 25, 2004. :thumb:
GEN X!!!
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Re: HMF 20th Anniversary

Post by Tiggnutz »

I think I googled Horror message boards or Horror fan sites something like that
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:05 am I think I googled Horror message boards or Horror fan sites something like that
So you were just taking a piss in the dark, hit us, and we ended up altering your life?
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

I'm a lifer, i.e. I've been around since imdb. As for ideas to celebrate, fucked if I know. I'll probably be working all day.
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:30 am I'm a lifer, i.e. I've been around since imdb. As for ideas to celebrate, fucked if I know. I'll probably be working all day.
I don't remember you being around on IMDB. But that was forever ago lol
GEN X!!!
Slaughterhouserock
Administrator

Post by Slaughterhouserock »

Lazerus wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:35 am I don't remember you being around on IMDB. But that was forever ago lol
I didn't talk much back then. I think Marco was the first person I had a conversation with.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i just found it out of interest for the movie or horror in general. i think there was already an established group on imdb and i pushed my way into it. and stuck around forever after.
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Slaughterhouserock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:37 am
Lazerus wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:35 am I don't remember you being around on IMDB. But that was forever ago lol
I didn't talk much back then. I think Marco was the first person I had a conversation with.
Neither did I, was mostly a lurker back then. I remember Tron, he was the first person I had a discussion with. That was around the same time I saw the post from D and made the jump here.
GEN X!!!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I was tearing up the FvsJ (Freddy versus Jason, Tigg...) board as I tended to do at that time, crushing and spitting out Jason marks like peanut shells on the floor (nothing's changed there), and I'm pretty sure it was zombie's signature that had the link to the site in his IMDb siggie that led me to joining right after startup.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:26 am
Tiggnutz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:05 am I think I googled Horror message boards or Horror fan sites something like that
So you were just taking a piss in the dark, hit us, and we ended up altering your life?
Think I was using some busted ass HP laptop I had and was just internet surfing. I don't think I had a smart phone in 2010
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

Reign in Blood wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:44 am I was tearing up the FvsJ (Freddy versus Jason, Tigg...) board as I tended to do at that time, crushing and spitting out Jason marks like peanut shells on the floor (nothing's changed there), and I'm pretty sure it was zombie's signature that had the link to the site in his IMDb siggie that led me to joining right after startup.
I definitely remember you being active on there.
GEN X!!!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

I joined another horror forum called Fight Evil (or FE) around 2006, when I would have been around 13, and while I can't remember how I ran into HMF, I do know that I joined around August/September of 2009, when I would have been around 16.

I do know I didn't lurk much - as soon as I ran into the site, I'm pretty sure I jumped in.

Still remember something Seb said in that very first introduction thread - that we might not always be jumping in activity, but usually someone's "knocking around," which I think is still a solid way to describe the forum.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

the only memory that really sticks with me from that era is that foo did some kind of bachelor game and we were competing for dream.
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

I remember Fight Evil and there was another popular forum at the time called Morbid Horror (not around anymore).
GEN X!!!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jigsaw wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:54 am Still remember something Seb said in that very first introduction thread - that we might not always be jumping in activity, but usually someone's "knocking around," which I think is still a solid way to describe the forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcl2lBs7ViY&t=17s
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

20 fuck'n years. Like a good horror franchise, it just won't die :P
Lazerus
Charter Member

Post by Lazerus »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:31 pm 20 fuck'n years. Like a good horror franchise, it just won't die :P
It's crazy when you think about it. How many online communities have the same people stick around for that long?
Not many that i can think of.
GEN X!!!