October 29th 2017

The daily chat room.
Jason
Administrator

Re: October 29th 2017

Post by Jason »

Slaughterhouserock wrote:I'm not a fan of using machines since they put your body in unnatural positions during the workout, but they still work.
The problem with machines is they put your body in one position, and only specific muscles are used for that resistance everytime. You can bench press like a madman on a Smith Machine for ten years and own the fucking thing. Put you on a flat bench with no guidance and you probably won't be able to hit half of the weight you normally hit on the Smith Machine.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Jason likes to suggest weight training too, but I always got the vibe he was trying to get me to be Lou Ferrigno :P
FUCK NO!!! Why be Lou Ferrigno when you can be Arnold? :p

Nah, weight training is always important, but the amount of weight training also depends on your goals. You always want to implement it, though.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Jason likes to suggest weight training too, but I always got the vibe he was trying to get me to be Lou Ferrigno :P
FUCK NO!!! Why be Lou Ferrigno when you can be Arnold? :p

Nah, weight training is always important, but the amount of weight training also depends on your goals. You always want to implement it, though.
:p

Depending on my paycheck, I will be hitting the Big 5 for other weights.