Random Political Comments

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Random Political Comments

Post by Headhunter »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So one of Old Man Biden’s first acts is going to ask everyone to wear a mask for 100 days… By then I will have been wearing the stupid fucking things for 10 fucking months, why don’t you come up with something new and useful you geriatric fuck tits on a bull.
The problem isn't being asked to wear a mask, it's the ones refusing to wear one "cause 'murica durp" that keeps dragging this shit out.
We’ll have wasted a year of our lives because our leadership hasn’t taken responsibility and the Murica Durp crowd can’t do one thing for their fellow man. It’s legitimately tragic.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:So one of Old Man Biden’s first acts is going to ask everyone to wear a mask for 100 days… By then I will have been wearing the stupid fucking things for 10 fucking months, why don’t you come up with something new and useful you geriatric fuck tits on a bull.
The problem isn't being asked to wear a mask, it's the ones refusing to wear one "cause 'murica durp" that keeps dragging this shit out.
We’ll have wasted a year of our lives because our leadership hasn’t taken responsibility and the Murica Durp crowd can’t do one thing for their fellow man. It’s legitimately tragic.
Everyone should and must wear a mask. It helps. Everyone should and must try to socially distanced and avoid crowds. And everyone needs to take this seriously. Biden saying he wants masks on the first 100 days is trying to take responsible leadership in a pandemic that has been brutally mismanaged by Trump. That’s straightforward enough.

It sounds like they have lots of plans to improve things, and are trying to get the vaccine rolled out where they can. At the very least they are talking facts and figures, data and science.

How anyone can even want Trump to stick around anymore is beyond me. He’s basically just commuting negligent genocide at this point. 3,000 dead PER DAY from his inaction, conspiracy theorizing and ignoring the problem.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Trump hasn’t attended a COVID task force meeting since summer. He hasn’t even pretended to give a shit in a long time. It’s too disgraceful for words.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Never seen anything so deplorable. Spineless garbage.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Side note: I've kept hearing anti maskers that the mask doesn't help anything, yet I'm prone to getting colds and flus and I haven't got a bug the entire time I've been wearing one. Anecdotal evidence? Sure, but doesn't make it untrue either.
I wear a mask every single time. I get sick almost every time I go out now, even for 5 minutes, because my immune system is bullshit now. And every single person I know that has gotten the Corons, has been following protocol and wearing masks. Joy is now they're getting pneumonia/flu etc. on top of the boogeyman.

Are people gonna be stupid, not follow common sense etc.? Of course, I'm fine with shooting all anti-maskers in the face as well.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

The world was long overdue for a time where everything sucks ass.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:The world was long overdue for a time where everything sucks ass.
Pretty fucking right. I just wish someone would have told me it would last this long, i would have made other arrangements! Hmph.

Now be the time to do your backpacking around Europe bit, everything is wide open, no lines for nothing, any hospitality place is looking to suck you off just for a little business etc. Would be dope.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Everyone should and must wear a mask. It helps. Everyone should and must try to socially distanced and avoid crowds. And everyone needs to take this seriously. Biden saying he wants masks on the first 100 days is trying to take responsible leadership in a pandemic that has been brutally mismanaged by Trump. That’s straightforward enough.

It sounds like they have lots of plans to improve things, and are trying to get the vaccine rolled out where they can. At the very least they are talking facts and figures, data and science.

How anyone can even want Trump to stick around anymore is beyond me. He’s basically just commuting negligent genocide at this point. 3,000 dead PER DAY from his inaction, conspiracy theorizing and ignoring the problem.
"Everyone" ain't gonna do none of that bullshit malarkey. This is a people problem, and most people suck. Go tell a band camp pack of virgins they have to stay celibate and can't masturbate for another 100 days, whatevs fearless leader, way to lose the crowd. When the fuck we gonna get laid, Hal 9000? "Ahhh, ahhh, I don't know", well fuck you.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:Side note: I've kept hearing anti maskers that the mask doesn't help anything, yet I'm prone to getting colds and flus and I haven't got a bug the entire time I've been wearing one. Anecdotal evidence? Sure, but doesn't make it untrue either.
Same, but I also haven't been anywhere besides work, home, and the pharmacy drive thru since March, so that probably plays into it for me.

My family is among the selfish assholes that don't mask group. I wish they could use some logical thinking around the idea of "Hey, if I do this minor annoyance for a while, things might get back to normal sooner rather than later." But no, they are more on the "Waaaah, you can't tell me what to do!" side of things. So, sorry my relatives are selfish morons.

Supposedly, if the research is accurate, I have a lower chance of getting the virus due to having type O blood. (negative RH values are also supposed to be somewhat protected from contracting it) I still think it's likely more coincidental than scientific, but it's a working theory I'm willing to hear more on right now.

All in all, selfish jerks are making this more difficult for everyone because they are not only more likely to not wear masks, they are more likely to engage in behaviors that contribute to the spread and become carriers while not wearing masks and ignoring quarantine procedures for themselves. I might be on the extreme end of things, but I think if someone got caught out in public without a mask after testing positive and before testing negative again, they should be charged with something akin to using biological warfare and if anyone they come into contact with after testing positive dies from contracting the virus, manslaughter charges should be tacked on.

By the way, the world is watching and now knows without a doubt that biological warfare is the best way to bring America down because we're too fucking proud and self righteous to adhere to what should be pretty fucking simple ideas in the short term to establish long term benefits. We are too impatient to wait things out and we are probably going to be where the zombie apocalypse begins, lol. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure my most problematic relatives would not survive an initial zombie outbreak.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Dream wrote:
Same, but I also haven't been anywhere besides work, home, and the pharmacy drive thru since March, so that probably plays into it for me.
I haven't been into work in a couple months now, and even when I was there it was for 5 minutes. I've really only been to the grocery store, Target, Home Depot and Walgreens for 9 months. Quite sad thinking of it. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result I guess, which I did, I now get sick all the time which is fun.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Getting away for just a day and exploring nature, anywhere really, does wonders. The cabin fever is real.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I have started actually enjoying walking. But man it’s noticeable how out of shape I’ve gotten. I used to walk 7-8k steps a day now I’m averaging 3k and done days it’s noticeably less. Like 200-300 steps type days.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

I went to Sweden in July to see my dad. Since returning I haven’t been more than a 20 minute walk or so from my house in any direction. That being said the world feels as big as ever as I see people from across the country regularly and talk to people internationally all the time.
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Dream wrote:
I haven't been into work in a couple months now, and even when I was there it was for 5 minutes. I've really only been to the grocery store, Target, Home Depot and Walgreens for 9 months. Quite sad thinking of it. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result I guess, which I did, I now get sick all the time which is fun.
I have honestly not seen the inside of a store in months.

It's not really doing the same thing over and over again until compliance to the thing being suggested goes up and is consistent. If everyone masked up (and did so properly) for a while we would probably see transmission rates drop for a ton of bugs, flues and colds, but until more people stop fucking around and messing with their masks, touching their face, fiddling with shit or just plain out not wearing one people are going to keep catching everything under the sun.

I saw an older woman the other day pull her mask down to sneeze into her fucking hand then pulled her mask back up and grabbed a cart without so much as wiping her hand off. Meaning anything she touched while in the store was covered in whatever germs she got on her hand when she sneezed and then whoever picked that stuff up after her were likely to catch anything she might have had, especially if they are mask fiddlers or 'must scratch my face constantly' or even 'want to eat something while out and about and haven't washed my hands properly yet' people.

People are disgusting and this whole thing has highlighted that fact for me.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Wearing it like a fucking chin warmer. That’s an annoying one. Pulling it down to talk to people.

Idiots gonna idiot.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-cuts-r ... ckle-down/

Not a surprise of course. What’s sad is they’ll still be able to sell it to their base.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Not at all surprising. But still tragic.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Headhunter wrote:https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-cuts-r ... ckle-down/

Not a surprise of course. What’s sad is they’ll still be able to sell it to their base.
Absolutely no surprise.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Yay. New stimulus passes. A whopping $600. Doesn't even cover a monthly student loan payment (good thing I have the bigger one on hold, even though it's collecting interest).

And I read what was in the bill, and most of it isn't shit that the public will even see or touch.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

As a one off payment?

See, I can’t fathom why anyone voted Republican and yet they do. Here’s a prime example. Clearly not enough to do shit for anybody, and watered down as hell. Just absurd.