The texting suicide thingy

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Jason
Administrator

Re: The texting suicide thingy

Post by Jason »

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Jason wrote:She didn't egg him on to do it in that case, though.
Catalyst.
i think it's more accurate to say that his depression and thoughts were the catalyst. she was the cause. she preyed on someone she knew to be in a bad place, and didn't stop even after he made the choice, himself, to get out of the truck, and because she didn't actually physically harm him directly, there's no crime at all?
Wat? SHE was the cause? He was clinically depressed and suicidal before he even met her.
cause of his death, not of his thoughts.
Wasn't the cause of his death his choosing to sit in a car and suck in engine fumes, knowing full well it would kill him?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I am pretty tired of the boy's family. His death is a tragedy. If they are gonna start throwing around blame on anyone but the boy who took his own life, they better be looking at the mirror as well.

Heard her talking about how he had accomplished more at his age than many do in a lifetime...Really? That is pretty fucking obnoxious.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
i think it's more accurate to say that his depression and thoughts were the catalyst. she was the cause. she preyed on someone she knew to be in a bad place, and didn't stop even after he made the choice, himself, to get out of the truck, and because she didn't actually physically harm him directly, there's no crime at all?
Wat? SHE was the cause? He was clinically depressed and suicidal before he even met her.
Wasn't the cause of his death his choosing to sit in a car and suck in engine fumes, knowing full well it would kill him?
yeah, indeed. charlie manson wasn't the cause of those murders in the 60s either.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Was the bitch this crazy, though?

Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
yeah, indeed. charlie manson wasn't the cause of those murders in the 60s either.
Do you believe in free will? Could anyone persuade you to kill yourself if you did not already have that desire? Could anyone persuade you to kill another if you did not already have that desire?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
Do you believe in free will? Could anyone persuade you to kill yourself if you did not already have that desire? Could anyone persuade you to kill another if you did not already have that desire?
i do believe in free will. i also believe that people with a desire or tendency will not necessarily act on that tendency on their own accord.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Catalyst.
i do believe in free will. i also believe that people with a desire or tendency will not necessarily act on that tendency on their own accord.
Could you be persuaded to kill an innocent person?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: Could you be persuaded to kill an innocent person?
i don't think so. not persuaded. where are you going with this?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

I love this new found era of zero personal responsibility! I can fuck shit up six ways from sideways, now I just gotta decide if it was God or my dog that told me to. :!:
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
You don't think so, or you know so?

I know a person could not persuade me to.

If you tried to kill the person before ever meeting me but were not successful, then you went out and acquired the murder weapon and killed the person after meeting me a couple times and talking over the Internet. Is there any way that is my fault?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Reign in Blood wrote:I love this new found era of zero personal responsibility! I can fuck shit up six ways from sideways, now I just gotta decide is it was God or my dog that told me to. :!:
Snowflake Era
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

What are we arguing here, that manslaughter was the wrong charge or the girl had the constitutional right to encourage him to kill himself? The boy has the majority of the blame thats why she will only be locked up for 15 months.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

If Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite had not drank poison after they convinced others to do so whould they be free to go on with their lives becuase they had not actually killed anyone?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:What are we arguing here, that manslaughter was the wrong charge or the girl had the constitutional right to encourage him to kill himself? The boy has the majority of the blame thats why she will only be locked up for 15 months.
I am arguing both.

She is an evil bitch. Just not sure she doesn't have that right and it was definitely not manslaughter.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:I love this new found era of zero personal responsibility! I can fuck shit up six ways from sideways, now I just gotta decide is it was God or my dog that told me to. :!:
Snowflake Era
this is the best post in this whole thread. if you see fault in someone who actively sets out to push a person to kill himself, you're a fucking snowflake. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
You don't think so, or you know so?

I know a person could not persuade me to.

If you tried to kill the person before ever meeting me but were not successful, then you went out and acquired the murder weapon and killed the person after meeting me a couple times and talking over the Internet. Is there any way that is my fault?
how does that example relate to this case?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:If Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite had not drank poison after they convinced others to do so whould they be free to go on with their lives becuase they had not actually killed anyone?
It depends. Did the followers know it was poison and death was the result?

I think we have certain foundations of free speech and it is always said the worst speech is what needs protecting.

I am not saying it is moral. I am saying it is probably legal.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Snowflake Era
this is the best post in this whole thread. if you see fault in someone who actively sets out to push a person to kill himself, you're a fucking snowflake. :P
The snowflake part is where others are blamed rather than the individual committing the act.

When someone engages in an act, any act, and they are fully aware of the consequences they are responsible.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
Snowflake Era
The snowflake part is where others are blamed rather than the individual committing the act.

When someone engages in an act, any act, and they are fully aware of the consequences they are responsible.
they're responsible, but are you not at all responsible too, if you push them to it? he was depressed and potentially suicidal clearly. she knew that and she set out to push him into killing himself, because she wanted attention.