Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:US Prisons don't seem like the place you'd send someone to get off drugs. Just a good way to get them more connections to it when they finally get out.
One thing that happens all the time: people are forced to take plea deals for crimes they didn't commit and they end up entering the criminal world behind bars. When they're released, they're addicted to drugs, mixed with bad people and not socially fit to re-enter society. It is horrible.
Presumably this adds to the recidivism rates in the US? Sounds like a terrible system.
Recidivism = shitty people continuing to do shitty things, and should not have been let out to terrorize the innocent
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
showa58taro wrote:US Prisons don't seem like the place you'd send someone to get off drugs. Just a good way to get them more connections to it when they finally get out.
One thing that happens all the time: people are forced to take plea deals for crimes they didn't commit and they end up entering the criminal world behind bars. When they're released, they're addicted to drugs, mixed with bad people and not socially fit to re-enter society. It is horrible.
Presumably this adds to the recidivism rates in the US? Sounds like a terrible system.
Recidivism = shitty people continuing to do shitty things, and should not have been let out to terrorize the innocent
True. But it seems like the system is designed to punish rather than rehabilitate shitty people. So people who weren't as shitty come out shittier. Shitty people come out and just stay shitty. Is your solution to lock everyone up for life since there's no point in coming out and committing more crimes?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
True. But it seems like the system is designed to punish rather than rehabilitate shitty people. So people who weren't as shitty come out shittier. Shitty people come out and just stay shitty. Is your solution to lock everyone up for life since there's no point in coming out and committing more crimes?
It is not elementary school and it is not summer camp. Prison needs to be a deterrent. If they cannot return to civilized society, put them back in.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
It is not elementary school and it is not summer camp. Prison needs to be a deterrent. If they cannot return to civilized society, put them back in.
so then the system would need to focus on rehabilitation? at least for those that are not repeat offenders of violent crimes. they may be beyond helping.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
so then the system would need to focus on rehabilitation? at least for those that are not repeat offenders of violent crimes. they may be beyond helping.
Jail is a punishment. If the individual presents an alternative that they pay for, I would listen. It is on them, not me.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote: Jail is a punishment. If the individual presents an alternative that they pay for, I would listen. It is on them, not me.
okay, i just got the impression that you wanted them to be able to return to civilized society. if the intention is to house them forever, or to execute them, then fair enough.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Our prison system is beyond archaic. Pretty clear that's not how you deter people from crime effectively. It's punishment for the sake of punishment, that the ideology has been a complete failure doesn't matter to people. It's really bad.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:Our prison system is beyond archaic. Pretty clear that's not how you deter people from crime effectively. It's punishment for the sake of punishment, that the ideology has been a complete failure doesn't matter to people. It's really bad.
Liberals told me we can paint the inside of prisons pink, have classes, and allow them to wear fashionable clothing and everything was gonna be alright.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Foo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Our prison system is beyond archaic. Pretty clear that's not how you deter people from crime effectively. It's punishment for the sake of punishment, that the ideology has been a complete failure doesn't matter to people. It's really bad.
Liberals told me we. Like paint the inside of prisons pink, have classes, and allow them to wear fashionable clothing and everything was gonna be alright.
Sure, better than letting men rape other men.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

I don't know about you guys, but I avoid prisons because they are bad places. Keeps me from murdering people.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:
Liberals told me we. Like paint the inside of prisons pink, have classes, and allow them to wear fashionable clothing and everything was gonna be alright.
Sure, better than letting men rape other men.
Rapists gonna rape. Better inside than outside.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
How much are you willing to pay for all this? Because this sounds like it's going to get expensive.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I avoid prisons because they are bad places. Keeps me from murdering people.
Then you're a sack of shit. :P

I avoid murder because it is ethically wrong to murder. I also avoid stealing, even small things, and will pay my fair share of anything I can. Because it is the right thing to do. Not because there's a chance of me going to jail.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
How much are you willing to pay for all this? Because this sounds like it's going to get expensive.
Would be a lot cheaper to just cap the murderers than all this legal bullshit that drains millions.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Foo wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I avoid prisons because they are bad places. Keeps me from murdering people.

I avoid murder because it is ethically wrong to murder. I also avoid stealing, even small things, and will pay my fair share of anything I can. Because it is the right thing to do. Not because there's a chance of me going to jail.
And when someone doesn't have the moral fiber that you do? That they don't care who they hurt?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

showa58taro wrote:

Earlier today I saw someone throwing a cigarette on the ground. If not for jail I would have swept the leg and jammed his face into it.

So yeah, laws work. You might be a better person, but not everyone is you.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

And when someone doesn't have the moral fiber that you do? That they don't care who they hurt?
They're Foo. ;)

It's a fair point. I would have to default to Liberalism 101 and insist we tax Foo more so we can run a study into why they haven't got my moral constitution and ethical countenance. Shouldn't cost that many million to get to the bottom of it. After which we tax Foo a bit more to administer hugs and friendship bracelets to criminals.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
showa58taro wrote:

They're Foo. ;)

It's a fair point. I would have to default to Liberalism 101 and insist we tax Foo more so we can run a study into why they haven't got my moral constitution and ethical countenance. Shouldn't cost that many million to get to the bottom of it. After which we tax Foo a bit more to administer hugs and friendship bracelets to criminals.
lol, I think you are onto something, my friend. By taxing Foo and Foo alone we can rid ourselves of this criminal riff raff, as he will fucking snap and kill them all. At least gotta do an episode of Punk'd, see his genuine reaction when he goes to file his taxes and sees they are taking 90% of his income for friendship bracelets for criminals. :lol:
Jmac Attack
Charter Member

Post by Jmac Attack »

We should just make criminals listen to Nickleback 24/7 for the whole time they are sentenced. That would work imo