The texting suicide thingy

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
zombie
Administrator

Re: The texting suicide thingy

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:fair enough. she didn't do anything wrong, outside of ma. law. :P
I think she did plenty wrong and should be hit by a truck or kill herself. I just don't believe in situations where the law is abused. This time it is a horrible person, next time it is you.
i wouldn't bully someone into committing suicide, and if i did something to cause their suicide.. i would definitely try to intervene when i heard them choking and dying on the phone.
That's great! It is the moral thing to do. Immoral is not necessarily illegal, however, and this is definitely not manslaughter.

Out of curiosity, what is the legal penalty when you call 911 and they decide to not show up to help you? Is it a crime?
no, it's not manslaughter. it was calculated and malicious. you said i would be next, that's why i made the point of never doing what she did.

i don't know if there is a penalty for deciding not to help someone in need, after they call the police or emergency services asking for it.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

If she goes down because this dude wanted to harm himself and she encouraged him to do so by saying do it, then everyone who encourages transgenders need to be charged with bodily harm and dismemberment.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tough case this one but I still feel like they got it right. That girl worked overtime to get him to kill himself.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

If someone is drunk and a bartender just keeps pouring and pouring than the drunk crashes and dies I can see fault in that too. Now what if you know the bartender wanted him to crash.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:If she goes down because this dude wanted to harm himself and she encouraged him to do so by saying do it, then everyone who encourages transgenders need to be charged with bodily harm and dismemberment.
Au contraire my friend. Every tranny suicide is a year added to Foo and Jason's prison sentence
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

showa58taro wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:If she goes down because this dude wanted to harm himself and she encouraged him to do so by saying do it, then everyone who encourages transgenders need to be charged with bodily harm and dismemberment.
Au contraire my friend. Every tranny suicide is a year added to Foo and Jason's prison sentence
Harsh brodhisattva, when they are only trying to help get them off that ledge.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Honest question, if this same type of scenario went down in say fucking Alabama, with a 38 year old dude and his 37 year old girlfriend. The dude is constantly talking about suicide and is depressed, and through it the chick is like stop fucking talking about it, I'm tired of hearing it, if you're gonna do it, just do it. He continually doesn't and one day the same scenario happens, she texts get back in the truck, and the dude dies. Is there any of this same media attention etc, let alone the chick being put behind bars?

It seems the way this was treated was very skewed depending on... It was much an age thing, in that he was a young, impressionable, mentally irregular youth, yet so was she. Highly liberal, media friendly states would treat it different. And is this really the law?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i think it should be treated the same way. if you care so little or are so fed up with someone that you are willing to push them to suicide, then maybe break up instead? stop dating and find someone you don't want dead. i really can't understand that mindset at all.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:i think it should be treated the same way. if you care so little or are so fed up with someone that you are willing to push them to suicide, then maybe break up instead? stop dating and find someone you don't want dead. i really can't understand that mindset at all.
The first question wasn't asking about how you feel, zombs.

You don't think there aren't some relationships that end horribly, with one saying go fuck yourself, go die for all I care, and it happens?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:i think it should be treated the same way. if you care so little or are so fed up with someone that you are willing to push them to suicide, then maybe break up instead? stop dating and find someone you don't want dead. i really can't understand that mindset at all.

You don't think there aren't a lot of relationships that end horribly, with one saying go fuck yourself, go die for all I care, and it happens?
well, i can't speak to whether some sort of bias was the reason that she got punished. maybe.

she didn't just blow up and blurt her feelings. she went out of her way to push him to suicide. she listened to him choke on the fumes and die. i think you're downplaying it significantly.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:If someone is drunk and a bartender just keeps pouring and pouring than the drunk crashes and dies I can see fault in that too. Now what if you know the bartender wanted him to crash.
What about the border patrol "apple juice" incident?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

You don't think there aren't a lot of relationships that end horribly, with one saying go fuck yourself, go die for all I care, and it happens?
well, i can't speak to whether some sort of bias was the reason that she got punished. maybe.

she didn't just blow up and blurt her feelings. she went out of her way to push him to suicide. she listened to him choke on the fumes and die. i think you're downplaying it significantly.
Ok, and what was he doing?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

If we are going with the whole "her words killed him and he did not kill himself" argument, blurting it out should be manslaughter and her premeditated words should be murder.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Reign in Blood wrote:Honest question, if this same type of scenario went down in say fucking Alabama, with a 38 year old dude and his 37 year old girlfriend. The dude is constantly talking about suicide and is depressed, and through it the chick is like stop fucking talking about it, I'm tired of hearing it, if you're gonna do it, just do it. He continually doesn't and one day the same scenario happens, she texts get back in the truck, and the dude dies. Is there any of this same media attention etc, let alone the chick being put behind bars?

It seems the way this was treated was very skewed depending on... It was much an age thing, in that he was a young, impressionable, mentally irregular youth, yet so was she. Highly liberal, media friendly states would treat it different. And is this really the law?
The sentence should be the same but I bet the media attention would be close to zero
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

well, fuck, I hadn't been following this case that closely, I thought it was a jury trial but this girl apparently opted for a bench trial. I thought for sure the verdict would get thrown out in an appeal due to the jury misinterpreting the law.

It was the judge who interpreted the law that way and based it on an earlier court case involving a homeless couple who didn't report a fire. Firemen showed up and believed the couple were still in the building and ran in to save them, six firefighters died as a result. The couple had access to a cell phone and the judge deemed them responsible for not informing the authorities about the fire and prosecuted them on involuntary manslaughter for the deaths of the firemen. The thing is though, the couple actually started that fire so it makes more sense.

A big fire in 1942 set the precedence for the homeless couple case.

The other court case that was cited for this decision is over 200 years old (seriously, how much digging did he have to do to find that one to get this conviction??) An inmate told another inmate, who was set to be executed six hours later, how to hang himself...he was acquitted of a charge of "murder by counsel" which would make a whole lot more sense in this girl's case, but still kinda reaching.

Basically the judge said that when the girl told the boy to get back into the truck and didn't call anyone to help the boy, she made a decision to push the jumper instead of seeking help for the jumper.

The ACLU is getting involved in the case. It's a huge mess, and about the only thing likely to happen is MA passing a law that makes encouraging suicide a crime, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Funny thing is, if she had opted for a jury trial, she would have more than likely been acquitted, and people would still be in an uproar cause she's a middle class white girl getting away with murder in their eyes. When the reality is she's just a piece of shit human who was able to manipulate a sick boy into taking his own life in order to elicit sympathy and attention from her friends. Horrid behavior, but not technically illegal.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Dream
Charter Member

Post by Dream »

Reign in Blood wrote:Honest question, if this same type of scenario went down in say fucking Alabama, with a 38 year old dude and his 37 year old girlfriend. The dude is constantly talking about suicide and is depressed, and through it the chick is like stop fucking talking about it, I'm tired of hearing it, if you're gonna do it, just do it. He continually doesn't and one day the same scenario happens, she texts get back in the truck, and the dude dies. Is there any of this same media attention etc, let alone the chick being put behind bars?

erm...In Alabama they would be calling him a pussy who got what he wanted and was rotting in hell cause suicide is a sin.

Now, if drugs were found in the residence (regardless of the kind of drugs or if they were in either of their systems or not), it would be a major case pointing to why such drugs are horrible and the hard-line anti-drug stance should remain in place.

Put a couple of kids and welfare into the equation and you have about 60% of the population of my old town in AL. Though then they would tell a sob story to get the woman and kids money after "dad's" death and paint her in the light of a domestic violence victim and good church going woman, especially if the drugs were hers, while pinning everything on the dead guy, even if he was clean as a whistle, a hard worker, and pretty much a saint outside of being depressed enough to kill himself. Though there's a good chance the first 30% of that 60% are also selling her kids to the dealer while dad was at work and almost everyone in town knows it but won't say anything "cause it's not their place to interfere in someone's family" and dad is so exhausted from working numerous jobs that he's oblivious to what's actually happening in his own home*

*Exaggerations are slightly amplified, but I know of one case where dad ended up dead and mom got arrested for selling her two daughters for sex shortly after. One where a guy who killed himself was accused of domestic violence after the fact when his girlfriend realized her meal ticket was dead and she needed a sob story to get donations from locals and started going to church again "now that she was allowed to," and not cause they felt bad for her and were paying her rent and utilities for her. And one where neighbors *knew* a couple were selling their kids but didn't say anything cause they don't trust CPS...like she was literally selling her 5 and 6 year old to grown men, other people knew it, but thought it was better that the kids stayed with their parents instead of getting CPS involved. Like how stupid can you get? no, a little 5 and 6 year old are not better off being prostituted out by their own parents than being in foster care...

I can rant about this a lot...I've seen some fucking horror stories come out of that place.
I started an erotic writing podcast with a friend
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:If someone is drunk and a bartender just keeps pouring and pouring than the drunk crashes and dies I can see fault in that too. Now what if you know the bartender wanted him to crash.
What about the border patrol "apple juice" incident?
One less drug smuggler and all it cost was a pine box.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

he was choking on the fumes and dying. also to your other point, i said i don't think it's manslaughter already.

if she had told him to kill someone else, in the same manner, would you still let her off the hook?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:

he was choking on the fumes and dying. also to your other point, i said i don't think it's manslaughter already.

if she had told him to kill someone else, in the same manner, would you still let her off the hook?
You didn't want to answer directly, so let's be clear. He was killing himself.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

you make a habit of avoiding my questions and points, so it's fair play. :P and we already know what happened. she bullied him into taking his life.