Cops at Alt-Right Rally do a White Power Salute

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Re: Cops at Alt-Right Rally do a White Power Salute

Post by Headhunter »

Like, black power was about economic self-determination more than anything else. At best, white power is about economic exclusion.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

so, black lives matter condemned violence, done in it's name. what was the response from the white supremacist crowd, when that girl was killed? it was justified and there would probably be more to come. does anyone see a difference?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:I believe both white power and black power messages are equally destructive.

You have to jump through a lot of intellectual hoops to think it is a good idea for police to be signaling allegiance to any race based group. Justice is supposed to be blind.
White power = oppress everyone who isn't white
Black power = securing equal opportunity for blacks
Where in the fuck is that written in stone that is what each believe?
I gave some background on the ideological inspiration for Black Power earlier. I don't think I need to do the same for White Power.
Yeah, and it also has a whole lotta kill whitey. Let's not be disingenuous. White power is derived of supremacy, but in this day and age it could just be a motherfucker who hates affirmative action.
Headhunter
Charter Member

Post by Headhunter »

Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Reign in Blood wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Foo wrote:I believe both white power and black power messages are equally destructive.

You have to jump through a lot of intellectual hoops to think it is a good idea for police to be signaling allegiance to any race based group. Justice is supposed to be blind.
White power = oppress everyone who isn't white
Black power = securing equal opportunity for blacks
Where in the fuck is that written in stone that is what each believe?
I gave some background on the ideological inspiration for Black Power earlier. I don't think I need to do the same for White Power.
Yeah, and it also has a whole lotta kill whitey. Let's not be disingenuous. White power is derived of supremacy, but in this day and age it could just be a motherfucker who hates affirmative action.
I'm not being disingenuous by comparing original intent of these groups you guys want to equate. "Kill whitey" is a consequence of both fringe radicals taking a self-defense ideology too far, which is the logical extent of any social revolution, and the media distorting the message to appease a conservative white America over decades. The militant origins of that group are more "Kill whitey if he's trying to kill you", which was a legitimate concern for about 90% of their existence in this country. As far as affirmative action driving someone to white supremacy goes, if that frustration alone is enough for you to show up at a rally surrounded by 99% racists or buy into an alt right ideology that pretty blatantly promotes ideas of racial superiority, you're still probably a racist dick because you can damn well criticize affirmative action without being part of that shit.
Not removing until John Elway is fired.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:so, black lives matter condemned violence, done in it's name. what was the response from the white supremacist crowd, when that girl was killed? it was justified and there would probably be more to come. does anyone see a difference?
When it is Black Lives Matter, we pick the best advocates to condemn violence. When it is white supremacists, we pick the worst.

Where were the Black Lives Matter folks when people among them were masked and armed, instigating against police?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:so, black lives matter condemned violence, done in it's name. what was the response from the white supremacist crowd, when that girl was killed? it was justified and there would probably be more to come. does anyone see a difference?
When it is Black Lives Matter, we pick the best advocates to condemn violence. When it is white supremacists, we pick the worst.

Where were the Black Lives Matter folks when people among them were masked and armed, instigating against police?
show me any supremacists coming out against violence toward non-whites?

i don't know. you'll have to link me to the incident(s) that you're talking about? i'll look around, in the meantime.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

show me any supremacists coming out against violence toward non-whites?

i don't know. you'll have to link me to the incident(s) that you're talking about? i'll look around, in the meantime.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... sters.html

Like any group, there is a wide spectrum of those who believe and those who will engage in violence to that end. White Supremicists and Black Power groups are the same.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

"The group, however, released a statement saying that Fields was not an official member. “All our members are safe and accounted for, with no arrests or charges,” <-- is that condemning what happened in any way? that's what is in the article, if there is in fact more to it, i wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:"The group, however, released a statement saying that Fields was not an official member. “All our members are safe and accounted for, with no arrests or charges,” <-- is that condemning what happened in any way? that's what is in the article, if there is in fact more to it, i wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
That is clearly an attempt to separate themselves from a violent act.

I am not sure why it is so hard to believe that white supremacists would span the spectrum from non-violent to violent, just like any other group.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:"The group, however, released a statement saying that Fields was not an official member. “All our members are safe and accounted for, with no arrests or charges,” <-- is that condemning what happened in any way? that's what is in the article, if there is in fact more to it, i wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
That is clearly an attempt to separate themselves from a violent act.

I am not sure why it is so hard to believe that white supremacists would span the spectrum from non-violent to violent, just like any other group.
the intent is clearly to say none of us got arrested. we're safe. haha! i don't see any denouncing violence there at all. i didn't say all of them were violent. but all of them are bigoted and racist. and apparently no one has remorse when a white girl dies, even.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_hvTymINw

Clearly peaceful...
"compilation of random black violence, that may have some people who identify with blm among them"

every movement has assholes. every race has assholes. every cause has assholes. does that mean that everyone is an ashhole? nope. but there is definitely no place for vandalism and unprovoked non-self defensive violence.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:

Clearly peaceful...
"compilation of random black violence, that may have some people who identify with blm among them"

every movement has assholes. every race has assholes. every cause has assholes. does that mean that everyone is an ashhole? nope. but there is definitely no place for vandalism and unprovoked non-self defensive violence.
You do realize the stuff that went on with BLM in Baltimore went on in numerous cities, right? It is not an isolated thing. We have not seen white supremacist violence on that scale any time in recent memory.

Not saying white supremacists are not awful. I am saying BLM is chock full of violence and not being handled as such.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Clearly peaceful...

You do realize the stuff that went on with BLM in Baltimore went on in numerous cities, right? It is not an isolated thing. We have not seen white supremacist violence on that scale any time in recent memory.

Not saying white supremacists are not awful. I am saying BLM is chock full of violence and not being handled as such.
i agree that there is violence in the name of blm. but there is also random violence carried out by black people that's not related to blm. and i don't know which is which in that video, because i didn't see any signs or anything, from what i watched of it. the police should do as much as they can for actual violence. and it should be condemned as well.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Oh, shit. I could've sworn it was Laci Green who said something totally stupid around election time, and I actually found the video.
Her tweets are within the first 30-40 seconds. "Fuck you, white America". How progressive of you!

zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

bigoted, racist extremists need to fucking go away.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote:Oh, shit. I could've sworn it was Laci Green who said something totally stupid around election time, and I actually found the video.
Her tweets are within the first 30-40 seconds. "Fuck you, white America". How progressive of you!

that was dumb. and she's said so recently.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:

Clearly peaceful...

i agree that there is violence in the name of blm. but there is also random violence carried out by black people that's not related to blm. and i don't know which is which in that video, because i didn't see any signs or anything, from what i watched of it. the police should do as much as they can for actual violence. and it should be condemned as well.
Did you watch the video? You didn't see the Freddie Gray signs and such?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Are you saying Laci Green called herself out for being an idiot?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
Did you watch the video? You didn't see the Freddie Gray signs and such?
i watched part of it. the part i watched did not have signs. it was various clips of different violent acts. it didn't seem to be connected. and i said that there was probably some blm-ers among the clips. maybe even a lot. but was it all blm? i don't know. i wouldn't say that any white violence compilations were all antifa or all white supremacists either, unless it clearly showed that in the clips.