Jeepers Creepers 3

News and thoughts on new movies.
Foo
Administrator

Re: Jeepers Creepers 3

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:no, i don't. there's no need for that.

also, don't think sleepaway camp will ever get remade. it seems too obscure to me.
Direct to digital remake, almost guaranteed.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:

also, don't think sleepaway camp will ever get remade. it seems too obscure to me.
there's still more known iconic stuff to do first. and also remake fever seems to have died down a lot. but that could come back, obviously.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

there's still more known iconic stuff to do first. and also remake fever seems to have died down a lot. but that could come back, obviously.
Notoriety is only half the battle. The rights are the other issue. Sleepaway Camp has a clear rights holder who does not need to break the bank on a deal, a cheap concept to film, etc.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Except now when the do the big reveal at the end, they are surprised Angela actually has a vagina, as she would be the only one in the girls cabin to have one.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Notoriety is only half the battle. The rights are the other issue. Sleepaway Camp has a clear rights holder who does not need to break the bank on a deal, a cheap concept to film, etc.
this seems like more reason that it's not gonna be made? you argued before that elm street and halloween were on the verge of being forgotten. but you think that they're gonna make the effort to dig up sleepaway camp?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

You do know they have been working on a remake to Sleepaway Camp? It is likely because it will be cheap and does not need to be greenlit by a big studio. The studio is not gonna fuck with making a new Elm Street unless they feel it can pull $100m. Sleepaway can make $1m and everyone would be thrilled.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:You do know they have been working on a remake to Sleepaway Camp? It is likely because it will be cheap and does not need to be greenlit by a big studio. The studio is not gonna fuck with making a new Elm Street unless they feel it can pull $100m. Sleepaway can make $1m and everyone would be thrilled.
uh huh. since just after return came out. and for years before that, until they decided on the sequel instead. the last update was over about a year ago.

and they're working on another nightmare on elmstreet remake too. we'll see which happens first. :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Foo wrote:Except now when the do the big reveal at the end, they are surprised Angela actually has a vagina, as she would be the only one in the girls cabin to have one.
Green light now with this groundbreaking social commentary.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

let's don't lose track of the thread we're in and how it may speak to the turn in the convo toward the genitalia of children.... :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote:let's don't lose track of the thread we're in and how it may speak to the turn in the convo toward the genitalia of children.... :P
Jack Burton asks Victor, did you pay your dues?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

is that to say that he should be allowed to make movies? i agree. does that mean he's above judgment because he did time? nope.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:let's don't lose track of the thread we're in and how it may speak to the turn in the convo toward the genitalia of children.... :P
Jack Burton asks Victor, did you pay your dues?
Yes sir, the checks in the mail
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

Reign in Blood wrote:
zombie wrote:looks like get out is the highest grossing horror this year, domestically. but annabelle 2 has it beat worldwide already, and the it remake may take the top domestic spot when all is said and done.
I don't know why Annabelle is so popular worldwide, but hopefully It smashes both those fools.
Well, Annabelle Creation is a better made and handled movie compared to the first one. I assume it has a wide appeal to the movie going audience. You have people like me who are avid horror fans and watch newer horror films in theaters opening week. Then you have those in the general public going to a new released movie and the general public wanting to test their scare gauge with a creepy doll movie. There's also that category of people who saw the first Annabelle and wanted to see if this one was done better. It's all over the place really.

Like Zombs mentioned, I do believe IT will crush it at the box office this weekend. Nothing has came out worthwhile for the past two weeks and there is a giant worldwide audience that will flock to the theaters. Horror fans, Stephen King Fans, people wanting to see a new opening movie, Parents bringing their young children, general public and those wanting to test their fear of clowns. If IT doesn't end up making at least $70 million or more this weekend, color me surprised.
Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

So was April Fools Day and Prom Night, but they got remade.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Havok wrote:

So was April Fools Day and Prom Night, but they got remade.
is prom night really obscure? i could see a case being made for april fool's day though.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

Havok
Charter Member

Post by Havok »

A theater near me is having a one night only special screening of JC3 next Tuesday at 7pm and I'll be sure to write up a review when I get back home that night.

Also, if what i'm seeing is correct, i'm not a fan of the ticket price, but I guess they have to make money some sort of way since it's not getting a wide release now.
Monster
Charter Member

Post by Monster »

I'm going to try and see it on Tuesday as well. I was surprised to see it was playing here. Can't wait.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Showing here, too! Should I go and lose sleep?
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote:Showing here, too! Should I go and lose sleep?

WWZD?