10-08-17

The daily chat room.
zombie
Administrator

10-08-17

Post by zombie »

which non-tim burton score is your favorite from danny elfman? (thought it would be worth asking here. d asked on facebook)
Jason
Administrator

Re: 10-08-17

Post by Jason »

The real question: Is D slowly making the descent into facebook over HMF? Dunnnnnnnnnnn
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

My buddy just found out that Martin Luther King is his great uncle. Pretty crazy.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

zombie wrote:which non-tim burton score is your favorite from danny elfman? (thought it would be worth asking here. d asked on facebook)
Mission Impossible
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Jason wrote:The real question: Is D slowly making the descent into facebook over HMF? Dunnnnnnnnnnn
I get more responses there regarding art stuff. This is my next art subject, a Danny Elfman piece.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Sweeet.

Does The Nightmare Before Christmas Count as non-Tim Burton? He didn't direct it, only produced. Would be my vote.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Jason wrote:Sweeet.

Does The Nightmare Before Christmas Count as non-Tim Burton? He didn't direct it, only produced. Would be my vote.
I counted it as Burton. Burton movies would be involved, I just wanted to ask the question, and not get a bunch of Burton ones piled in, since I feel they're obvious.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Had to imdb it to see but man he’s been composer on lots of films. Darkman and Dick Tracy stand out in my mind but not sure that’s justifiable.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:Had to imdb it to see but man he’s been composer on lots of films. Darkman and Dick Tracy stand out in my mind but not sure that’s justifiable.
Why not Justifiable?

I've already got reference pics picked out for those two :P
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:
showa58taro wrote:Had to imdb it to see but man he’s been composer on lots of films. Darkman and Dick Tracy stand out in my mind but not sure that’s justifiable.
Why not Justifiable?

Mainly because it’s definitely been a few years since I saw either so not sure if I’m remembering them right or just remembering that I love them but assuming that meant the music score was good.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

showa58taro wrote:
Why not Justifiable?

Mainly because it’s definitely been a few years since I saw either so not sure if I’m remembering them right or just remembering that I love them but assuming that meant the music score was good.
I had to look up Dick Tracy's music because I couldn't remember it, but it was suggested. It's remembered for others, so I've got it in my consideration pile. Darkman however, even if no one mentioned it, I'm putting it there. I dig that main theme.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

showa58taro wrote:
Why not Justifiable?

I had to look up Dick Tracy's music because I couldn't remember it, but it was suggested. It's remembered for others, so I've got it in my consideration pile. Darkman however, even if no one mentioned it, I'm putting it there. I dig that main theme.
YouTube’d both. Happy with those as choices.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Men in Black, Nightbreed... Summer School, Back to School and Freeway :p
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Wait, fuck that, Tales from the Crypt counts, right?
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:Wait, fuck that, Tales from the Crypt counts, right?
Hell yes it does
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Reign in Blood wrote:Wait, fuck that, Tales from the Crypt counts, right?
Hell yes it does
Tales from the Crypt, Men in Black, Nightbreed. Done!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

I've got a pretty packed selection going now. Probably won't include Freeway, 9, or Corpse Bride.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

At first I was thinking of movies too, but if any motherfucker doesn't put Tales from the Crypt they need to get the fuck out!
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've got a pretty packed selection going now. Probably won't include Freeway, 9, or Corpse Bride.
Honestly, I don't remember too much of the score from Freeway, but remembering scenes it elevated. Never seen 9 and Corpse Bride has Tim Burton connection, get rid of them!
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Reign in Blood wrote:
DancesWithWerewolves wrote:I've got a pretty packed selection going now. Probably won't include Freeway, 9, or Corpse Bride.
Honestly, I don't remember too much of the score from Freeway, but remembering scenes it elevated. Never seen 9 and Corpse Bride has Tim Burton connection, get rid of them!
I'm including certain Burton movies, I was just looking for ones that weren't so it wouldn't be a Burton love fest of a piece, lol.

But Corpse Bride was one I felt I could easily leave on the cutting floor in spite of it being suggested at FB (you know, I state no Burton and people fail to follow directions there)