2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by DancesWithWerewolves »

Haven't watched Shocker in a while, so I've got that going. Is that Kiss doing the opening song?
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

that scene in pulse that jason linked works better in the film when you get him going through the house. and the build up and then the motion of her movements and everything. it is eerie. also helps with the guy's reaction to her. great scene. probably more effective than most other ghost girl type stuff.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:46 am Haven't watched Shocker in a while, so I've got that going. Is that Kiss doing the opening song?
I actually dug around the soundtrack of that movie a couple weeks ago. It's just Paul Stanley and somebody else, I think. But there's a lot of great rocking 80s in that soundtrack.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:51 am that scene in pulse that jason linked works better in the film when you get him going through the house. and the build up and then the motion of her movements and everything. it is eerie. also helps with the guy's reaction to her. great scene. probably more effective than most other ghost girl type stuff.
It's definitely the scene of the movie. It's otherwise fairly good and you can't deny the gloomy atmosphere. But there's just not a lot of excitement or anticipation.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Watched Scream last night and now onto Basket Case 2.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:46 am Haven't watched Shocker in a while, so I've got that going. Is that Kiss doing the opening song?
Just Paul Stanley if I remember correctly
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:57 am
zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:51 am that scene in pulse that jason linked works better in the film when you get him going through the house. and the build up and then the motion of her movements and everything. it is eerie. also helps with the guy's reaction to her. great scene. probably more effective than most other ghost girl type stuff.
It's definitely the scene of the movie. It's otherwise fairly good and you can't deny the gloomy atmosphere. But there's just not a lot of excitement or anticipation.
yeah, this is pretty subdued and more just eerie and unsettling in the tone. i think you really should give a tale of two sisters a go at least, if you want something more exciting and anticipatory.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Tiggnutz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:00 pm
Just Paul Stanley if I remember correctly
That cassette got played alot amongst my group of friends
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:02 pm
yeah, this is pretty subdued and more just eerie and unsettling in the tone. i think you really should give a tale of two sisters a go at least, if you want something more exciting and anticipatory.
Don't have that one. Considering buying Talk to Me also.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

The Basket Case trilogy does a great job of making Belial seem actually alive.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:06 pm
you could try it on youtube. both tale of two sisters and talk to me are good stuff, so either way is a win in my opinion.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:06 pm
Amazon has a 4k of Talk To Me for 16 bucks
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

What is Talk to Me even about? Lol. I know nothing and have just heard the title.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:11 pm What is Talk to Me even about? Lol. I know nothing and have just heard the title.
it's about a possession kind of parlor game like a twist on a ouija board involving a severed hand. i don't wanna say much more than that.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:11 pm What is Talk to Me even about? Lol. I know nothing and have just heard the title.
Talking to demons is all I know
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Talk to Me arrives tomorrow in the mail.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

This is definitely one of Craven's goofiest movies. I know when was trying to do another Nightmare franchise, but it almost seems like he didn't actually care and was trying to make fun of it at the same time.
DancesWithWerewolves
Administrator

"Come on you fucker, move!" is probably the only intentionally funny thing in the movie that works lol. The girl probably channeled her mom in that scene hahaha.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:34 pm Talk to Me arrives tomorrow in the mail.
Me too
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Pot pie are complete and in the oven now back to the flicks. New watch Body Melt