2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Jason
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by Jason »

Bad Moon really isn't far from #1 into terms of werewolf movies, in my opinion.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:33 pm Bad Moon really isn't far from #1 into terms of werewolf movies, in my opinion.
if only mason gamble had been tatiana maslany instead. :P
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

My girl is a hardcore animal lover and she loves Thor as most do
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:34 pm
Jason wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:33 pm Bad Moon really isn't far from #1 into terms of werewolf movies, in my opinion.
if only mason gamble had been tatiana maslany instead. :P
*googles*

Spoiler
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I'm going 9.5 on Bad Moon. It's as good as American Werewolf in London and I ain't afraid to say it.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Possession may have been my least-favorite watch of the whole challenge.

It was probably a good metaphor for something, but enjoyable? Not to me.
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:54 pm Possession may have been my least-favorite watch of the whole challenge.

we're less than half into the month. i expect you to change your mind! :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:55 pm
Jigsaw wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:54 pm Possession may have been my least-favorite watch of the whole challenge.

It's definitely possible with some of the movies on my line-up. :P

That said, I just didn't know what the hell was going on in Possession - that guy with pink socks at the end meant what? I don't want to tread over my various questions, but like I said, I'm sure it's a good metaphor/allegory for something, but I sure as hell don't know. People that don't act like people, reactions with no context - this just wasn't the movie for someone who can't stand art-house/avant-garde stuff. ;-|
For my thoughts on the horror films I've seen, please look here: https://jigsawshorrorcorner.wordpress.com/
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:58 pm

That said, I just didn't know what the hell was going on in Possession - that guy with pink socks at the end meant what? I don't want to tread over my various questions, but like I said, I'm sure it's a good metaphor/allegory for something, but I sure as hell don't know. People that don't act like people, reactions with no context - this just wasn't the movie for someone who can't stand art-house/avant-garde stuff. ;-|
yeah, fair. i kind of eat that stuff up in my horror movies, when it's done well.. but isn't hausu "avant garde and art house"?
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Put your phone down and pay attention, kid!
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:01 pm

yeah, fair. i kind of eat that stuff up in my horror movies, when it's done well.. but isn't hausu "avant garde and art house"?
That's actually a good point, and even Chucky (from Fight Evil) was surprised I liked that one. I don't know, maybe the fact it's fun makes up for the experimental elements (though some of them, such as the train sequence, I maintain are quite nice).
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Jason wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Put your phone down and pay attention, kid!
You know I have a flip-phone, right? I can't do shit with it. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:08 pm

That's actually a good point, and even Chucky (from Fight Evil) was surprised I liked that one. I don't know, maybe the fact it's fun makes up for the experimental elements (though some of them, such as the train sequence, I maintain are quite nice).
yeah, there is more fun in hausu than possession. i'll give you that.

i'll be sure to mark beau is afraid and titane off any list of future recommendations. :P
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Ok. I finally updated the list.

Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:16 pm

i'll be sure to mark beau is afraid and titane off any list of future recommendations. :P
I've heard of Titane, I think (a French movie, right?), so I certainly appreciate you warning me. :P
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

Oh, and I happen to quite enjoy Bad Moon. Haven't seen it since at least 2016, so looking forward to watching that one again when I can.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Onto another all-timer. The Burning.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jigsaw wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:31 pm
zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:16 pm

I've heard of Titane, I think (a French movie, right?), so I certainly appreciate you warning me. :P
yeah, it's a french flick. her first movie, raw, is much better in my opinion. but probably also not for you.
Jigsaw
Charter Member

Post by Jigsaw »

zombie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:35 pm yeah, it's a french flick. her first movie, raw, is much better in my opinion. but probably also not for you.
Still haven't seen Raw. It's one of those movies I probably will see at one point, but that point's not now. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i am far too female heavy and avant garde in my horror tastes for this crowd. i get it and i'll live with it. :P