Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs

It will get heated. Can't take it, don't open the forum.
Forum rules
We tolerate extreme views, assuming no actual discrimination against board-members occurs. We will let snowflakes melt from the heat.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: Dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more dr

Post by Reign in Blood »

Rock solid argument is solid as a rock.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
My argument is not flimsy. I only call flimsy arguments flimsy.
the way you presented it here looks flimsy to me. sorry. that guy should be put in jail, absolutely. he should not be used as a way to cast blame to all other pot smokers.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

I see more to worry about from PTSD and mental illness in our vets than the fact that the guy smoked pot.
showa58taro
Administrator

Post by showa58taro »

Foo wrote:
Tiggnutz wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:
zombie wrote:
showa58taro wrote:This doesn't even seem to be about saying or believing things to get drugs...
no, not really. it's more about defending someone who was doing drugs. but i think foo was just trying to lump it into a larger discussion.
But the assclown in question doesn't even seem to be doing any actions out of motivation for drugs or anything. I at least expected a relevant article about how some stoner had killed their baby to get more pot or something...
no, i don't think his actions were motivated by seeking pot, or feeling like his access to pot was being threatened even. for foo, it seems to be enough, just that some fuckass uses pot, to condemn anyone else who also uses pot.
Im going to have to side with my dirty liberal brothers here. I dont understand the point of the thread or correlation between that guy and other cannabis users. Its kinda like the weird shit I post when im drunk.
The point of the thread is that a guy was facing jail for trying to murder his wife with a knife. A million articles by advocates tried to claim he was facing jail because of the pot. No small part of the intent to deceive is because advocates pitch pot as a remedy for the mental illness.

I just want honesty in the discussion.
But your headline would make sense if he murdered his wife with a knife to then get drugs... you haven't made that link.

And I would assume that link hasn't been made, because there is no such link in this story. Or any other story, which points out that "dope smokers will say or believe anything to get more drugs"

Even your media argument makes no sense, as nobody is possibly saying "the guy murdered his wife, therefore I should get access to marijuana"

It's a lot of segue's away from being sensible.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Tiggnutz wrote:I see more to worry about from PTSD and mental illness in our vets than the fact that the guy smoked pot.
Of course. But every single article is framed as "vet faces life in prison for growing weed". I am talking dozens of articles that ignore the violence to make a rallying cry about the pot.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
the way you presented it here looks flimsy to me. sorry. that guy should be put in jail, absolutely. he should not be used as a way to cast blame to all other pot smokers.
My issue is not that the guy was growing pot. My issue is the thousand comments that justify and glorify the drug, plus spreads flat out lies, because they will say or do anything to get weed legalized.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
My issue is not that the guy was growing pot. My issue is the thousand comments that justify and glorify the drug, plus spreads flat out lies, because they will say or do anything to get weed legalized.
there should be more honesty in media, here, and in general.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

It is a lot like black lives matter. There is an important message about police actions towards minorities, but as long as they keep using thugs as examples, they look like clowns. Now you start mixing money and politics into a cause, and it becomes totally corrupt and full of lies.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

is there no money or politics involved with the effort to keep pot illegal?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:is there no money or politics involved with the effort to keep pot illegal?
Of course. There is tons of money on both sides. There are also moral and political issues on both sides.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:is there no money or politics involved with the effort to keep pot illegal?
Of course. There is tons of money on both sides. There are also moral and political issues on both sides.
i was just wanting to make it clear that lies and agenda is not only coming from those that are pushing for legalization.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
i was just wanting to make it clear that lies and agenda is not only coming from those that are pushing for legalization.
Why is that so important?

Quick question, would you say the following statement is true or false:

Marijuana has ruined many lives.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

why is it important to point out lies and corruption in regard to legalization? both are true, undoubtedly. why is one more or less important to bring awareness to, than the other?

i think that people who smoke pot have ruined lives, without a doubt.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

why is it important to point out lies and corruption in regard to legalization? both are true, undoubtedly. why is one more or less important to bring awareness to, than the other?

You aren't really seeing the bald faced lies from the marijuana opposition currently. The public opinion has shifted to where the moderate position is at minimum legal medical marijuana and in many cases recreational use.

For the record, I am not so opposed to either, but the lies that allow children to become addicts is sickening.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

i would prefer legalization. or, barring legalization, that punishment was rehab and community service, and not prison, in cases of possession. if other crimes are committed by someone who uses pot, they should be punished accordingly for those other crimes.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

You aren't really seeing the bald faced lies from the marijuana opposition currently. The public opinion has shifted to where the moderate position is at minimum legal medical marijuana and in many cases recreational use.

For the record, I am not so opposed to either, but the lies that allow children to become addicts is sickening.
children should not have legal access to it. it should be sold and regulated in a similar way to alcohol or tobacco.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:i would prefer legalization. or, barring legalization, that punishment was rehab and community service, and not prison, in cases of possession. if other crimes are committed by someone who uses pot, they should be punished accordingly for those other crimes.
Fuck that. I would rather lock them up than pay for rehab that won't work because they are too retarded to realize what everyone with any sense knows, which is that it is destroying them.

I say make it legal but cut off unemployment and disability benefits. People can then buy private insurance for those things and negotiate with the insurance company over their drug use. I can tolerate s bunch of stoners if I am not paying for their dumb life decisions.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:i would prefer legalization. or, barring legalization, that punishment was rehab and community service, and not prison, in cases of possession. if other crimes are committed by someone who uses pot, they should be punished accordingly for those other crimes.
Fuck that. I would rather lock them up than pay for rehab that won't work because they are too retarded to realize what everyone with any sense knows, which is that it is destroying them.

I say make it legal but cut off unemployment and disability benefits. People can then buy private insurance for those things and negotiate with the insurance company over their drug use. I can tolerate s bunch of stoners if I am not paying for their dumb life decisions.
do you pay for the "dumb life decisions" of smokers and alcoholics?
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yes, because I am too dumb to work the system and chose a life of working to grow businesses. Unfortunately I have chosen the path of being a single male who pays in far more than I consume.
Foo
Administrator

Post by Foo »

Foo wrote:
zombie wrote:
Foo wrote:

Yes, because I am too dumb to work the system and chose a life of working to grow businesses. Unfortunately I have chosen the path of being a single male who pays in far more than I consume.
Btw, I consider forcing society to contribute to the cancer treatment of a smoker to be a crime against society. I have had multiple family members die because of cancer due to smoking, and I still feel this way.