2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Participate in our annual horror movie binge-watching throughout the month of October.
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Re: 2024 October Challenge Discussion Thread

Post by Reign in Blood »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:29 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:07 am
Havok wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:23 pm
Jason wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:22 pm
Havok wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:21 pm
zombie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:09 pm so i put exorcism (russell crowe's other exocist-y movie) on reserve along with a movie called sting. they are both supposed to be horror. so more to watch.
Aka let's remake The Exorcist without calling it The Exorcist, directed by Homer from Near Dark.
I'd give that nod to Beyond the Door, as well. :P
No, they're literally remaking The Exorcist in the film.
I didn't know Homer's real dad was Father Karras. So this movie is semi-auto-biographical, adds a cooler twist to it.
i knew about jason patric being his son. i didn't know this too. that adds a cooler layer to the flick. i'll have to give it a rewatch at some point. it's a nice twist on the whole thing.

also they did namedrop the exorcist in the movie (along with the omen and poltergeist), just didn't name that as the movie they were doing.
This is cool too. "At the time of Miller's death, he had just finished the first draft of a play with his son Joshua John Miller. The play was about a playwright father who dies, leaving his son to complete the script."
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

DancesWithWerewolves wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:30 am Backwards order for the Nightmare series? Interesting. I just stopped at Dream Child. I might continue the rest, haven't decided yet. But I should squeeze FvsJ in to honor our anniversary lol
I am saving FvsJ for our group sesh on Nov 9th.
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:02 am
zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:29 am
Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:07 am
Havok wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:23 pm
Jason wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:22 pm
Havok wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:21 pm
zombie wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:09 pm so i put exorcism (russell crowe's other exocist-y movie) on reserve along with a movie called sting. they are both supposed to be horror. so more to watch.
Aka let's remake The Exorcist without calling it The Exorcist, directed by Homer from Near Dark.
I'd give that nod to Beyond the Door, as well. :P
No, they're literally remaking The Exorcist in the film.
I didn't know Homer's real dad was Father Karras. So this movie is semi-auto-biographical, adds a cooler twist to it.
i knew about jason patric being his son. i didn't know this too. that adds a cooler layer to the flick. i'll have to give it a rewatch at some point. it's a nice twist on the whole thing.

also they did namedrop the exorcist in the movie (along with the omen and poltergeist), just didn't name that as the movie they were doing.
This is cool too. "At the time of Miller's death, he had just finished the first draft of a play with his son Joshua John Miller. The play was about a playwright father who dies, leaving his son to complete the script."
cool, indeed.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Onto Salem's Lot.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I can't believe I'm attempting a double feature of Salem's Lot and IT right now. I normally take a break between movies and can only get in 3 or 4 a day and I'm basically gonna watch the length of four movies right now. lol
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

season of the witch's santa mira is also the town in the original invasion of the body snatchers. trivia is fun. :P
zombie
Administrator

Post by zombie »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:26 am I can't believe I'm attempting a double feature of Salem's Lot and IT right now. I normally take a break between movies and can only get in 3 or 4 a day and I'm basically gonna watch the length of four movies right now. lol
don't overdo it! :P
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:26 am I can't believe I'm attempting a double feature of Salem's Lot and IT right now. I normally take a break between movies and can only get in 3 or 4 a day and I'm basically gonna watch the length of four movies right now. lol
At least you won't be in photoshop making siggies for awhile, eh. :lol: Nice touch, btw.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

I forgot Hutch from Starsky and Hutch played the lead in this. Lol.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

zombie wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:35 am
don't overdo it! :P
It's October. I'm a bum. I haven't had this kind of free time in years. Overdoing it is the minimum requirement this year baby!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:37 am
At least you won't be in photoshop making siggies for awhile, eh. :lol: Nice touch, btw.
Just a font generator website for the Currently Viewing button and a copy/paste for the movie poster and resizing it to fit the button. My siggy also only works if you're caught up in the thread. Lol
Reign in Blood
Administrator

Post by Reign in Blood »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:40 am
Just a font generator website for the Currently Viewing button and a copy/paste for the movie poster and resizing it to fit the button. My siggy also only works if you're caught up in the thread. Lol
I already knew you were half-assing it, that was my push to get your ass into photoshop and whip up cool posters!
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Reign in Blood wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:42 am
Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:40 am
I already knew you were half-assing it, that was my push to get your ass into photoshop and whip up cool posters!
My final project in software engineering school is in two days and I should probably finish that first, but here I am. :)
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

Lots of familiar faces in this. I've seen most of these actors in something else.
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

That window scene is awesome.
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Just started OG Salem's Lot
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

So we're in a partial group sesh. Nice. I'm almost two hours in. Lol
Tiggnutz
Administrator

Post by Tiggnutz »

Jason wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 11:28 am So we're in a partial group sesh. Nice. I'm almost two hours in. Lol
About 20 minutes in
Jason
Administrator

Post by Jason »

This movie is the shit. Only my second viewing and I remember when I first watched it wondering why I never see it hovering around the top spot of vampire movies lists. It's technically slow but mysterious and suspenseful enough to keep you locked in.
Ava
Charter Member

Post by Ava »

Hehehe. Its vampire day? :P
Just finishing up BS Dracula. I cannot unhear Mina yelling "Humpty Dumpty Dirty A Car" at the end when she is yelling.
I had to put that on after watching that Winnie the Pooh movie. Good fucking crap. Good kills but dumb. :roll:
And who yells out Hello when you see a spooky stranger behind you on your phone. You deserve that car crush!